theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-16, 09:32 AM   #11
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
A few weeks ago I picked up a duel exit exhaust and heat shield, which I have now fitted to the car, I think it looks a lot better with the twin exits now.

zs_rear.jpg

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk

Last edited by ZS; 25-02-16 at 09:02 AM.
Old 17-02-16, 09:33 AM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
The one Pete helped you with?
I guess you could get it pressure tested.
When fitting use new O rings.
Aye thats the one, I wouldn't even know where to get it pressure tested! lol

Old 25-02-16, 09:28 AM   #13
ZS
IT Administrator

Hit a pothole at the side of the road on the way to work this morning while avoiding someone the other side of the road overtaking a tractor, wasn't fast, about 40 in a national country road but it made one almighty bang through the front passenger suspension.

Quite a large Gash in the tyre wall (although not letting air out yet), tracking is out and it feels a bit "woolly" although not pushed the car at all since, literally limped to work and will limp it home again later.

Plan is to look at it over the weekend, strip down the suspension etc and see if anything is broken. In the mean time I will either borrow the missuses car or get her to drop me off to work I think!

Old 25-02-16, 10:00 AM   #14
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Hit a pothole at the side of the road on the way to work this morning while avoiding someone the other side of the road overtaking a tractor, wasn't fast, about 40 in a national country road but it made one almighty bang through the front passenger suspension.

Quite a large Gash in the tyre wall (although not letting air out yet), tracking is out and it feels a bit "woolly" although not pushed the car at all since, literally limped to work and will limp it home again later.

Plan is to look at it over the weekend, strip down the suspension etc and see if anything is broken. In the mean time I will either borrow the missuses car or get her to drop me off to work I think!
Nightmare .... stop by it on the way home and take a picture with something in it to demonstrate depth and report to highways authority. Long shot - but if there is a lot of damage - you might be able to get some compensation.

I made a claim a few years ago for a tyre, and they rejected it because it was just inside their dates for inspections - had it been outside they would have paid up.

Last edited by Dan1971; 25-02-16 at 10:03 AM.
Old 25-02-16, 10:04 AM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
A few weeks ago I picked up a duel exit exhaust and heat shield, which I have now fitted to the car, I think it looks a lot better with the twin exits now.

Attachment 5935
Sure does .... nice one.
Old 25-02-16, 10:06 AM   #16
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Nightmare .... stop by it on the way home and take a pciture with something in it to demonstrate depth and report to highways authority. Long shot - but if there is a lot of damage - you might be able to get some compensation.

I made a claim a few years ago for a tyre, and they rejected it because it was just inside their dates for inspections - had it been outside they would have paid up.
Might give that a shot, however it is a country road (Road from Top of Portsdown hill through to Wickham) and the pothole was right on the edge of the road, not something you would normally go near except when dodging bad overtaking maneuvers from the opposite carriageway... Still could be worth a shot.

Old 10-03-16, 08:29 AM   #17
ZS
IT Administrator

To add to the saga....

Was stationary at a roundabout earlier with handbrake on and and someone drove into the back of me...

IMG_20160310_085520.jpg

So... I guess I need at least a new bootlid!

Will whip bumper etc off this weekend, but have an interview later and not sure about getting there yet!

Old 10-03-16, 10:08 AM   #18
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Oh no - that is a an utter PITA
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
Old 10-03-16, 10:12 AM   #19
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Is the other party going to cover the costs?

Sorry to hear this mate

Hope the interview goes better

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Old 10-03-16, 10:25 AM   #20
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Is the other party going to cover the costs?

Sorry to hear this mate

Hope the interview goes better
He is foreigner on foreign insurance... But yes he is covering parts.

Closed Thread