theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-09-10, 02:49 PM   #1
ian zs180

Gutted need new windscreen

Was driving to southport today and with all this bad wind its blown something into my screen dont know what it was but heard a loud bang and its put a 3 inch crack in the screen . Rang my insurance this afternoon and i,m getting a new screen fitted by autoglass tomorrow .I,ve had to pay ?50 excess which i could have done without but suppose gotta think myself lucky it didnt hit the bodywork i suppose . Anyway weather permitting there comin out to my house to do it but if its raining gotta drive down to warrington and there gona do it in there workshop so should be all ok again tomorrow
Old 15-09-10, 02:51 PM   #2
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian zs180 View Post
Was driving to southport today and with all this bad wind its blown something into my screen dont know what it was but heard a loud bang and its put a 3 inch crack in the screen . Rang my insurance this afternoon and i,m getting a new screen fitted by autoglass tomorrow .I,ve had to pay ?50 excess which i could have done without but suppose gotta think myself lucky it didnt hit the bodywork i suppose . Anyway weather permitting there comin out to my house to do it but if its raining gotta drive down to warrington and there gona do it in there workshop so should be all ok again tomorrow
thought you didnt have to pay an excess with autoglass
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-10, 03:05 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
thought you didnt have to pay an excess with autoglass
believe thats if they repair it, when replaced you have to pay.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-10, 03:59 PM   #4
ian zs180

Yeah thats right if you have a repair you dont need to pay but to replace the screen it depends what your access is on your insurance mine happens to be ?50 . Wonder how much the screen would be if you were to just pay out yourself and not go though the insurance . They do say though that it doesnt affect your ncb if your claiming on a windscreen