theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-12-14, 04:44 PM   #1
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Forum xmas decs

Just want to say it's nice to see the decorations and not too early.

Is it me or are less and less people putting up lights outside their houses, a few years ago 25% houses had lights, this morning I drove past at least 100 houses before hitting the dual carrageway, the only one with lights was mine.

The same applies to cars and lorries, my lorry is decorated with tinsel and lights but very few others are.

Is it people being "politically correct" and thinking of other religions (or scared of extremist nutters)
or a sign of austerity
or did we start the christmas build up too early (August).
Old 17-12-14, 04:54 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
You're right about less houses having lights up, I'm not sure about the reason why, I don't see why any one should be concerned about offending anybody of a different religious persuasion.

I put ours up last Monday, which seems about the right amount of time before the big day.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 05:11 PM   #3
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
My ZS is decoration enough............................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 06:14 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Got ours up, wouldnt be Christmas without them

Old 17-12-14, 07:01 PM   #5
splinter

splinter has a spectacular aura aboutsplinter has a spectacular aura about
Yep us too. We have (read I) to put them up first weekend of Dec, or else! Mind you we are the only ones with outside lights on a close of 40 odd properties. Quite a fee round the test of the estate though with the odd competition!

Last edited by splinter; 17-12-14 at 07:03 PM.
splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 07:19 PM   #6
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Come to Gravesend, some of the lights on houses round here you could see from Venus!
Old 17-12-14, 08:54 PM   #7
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Bahhhhhh Humbug...

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-14, 07:09 AM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Ours has been lit up since the beginning of the month, we love xmas in our house. Eat, drink and be merry!
Old 18-12-14, 08:26 AM   #9
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
We got the inside decs, tree etc up on the 1st of December.

Don't do outside decs to be honest. We have a wreath on the door and that's it. Looking forward to it all this year though. Got some great stuff for the boys and collect the M & S food on Christmas eve. We went large on it last year and it is all sooooo worth it.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-14, 05:51 PM   #10
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Been loads of lights put up outside around here.God knows how they manage the leccy bill but yeah good to see the site deccys up at a sensible time.we put our tree up about ten days ago.that's pretty early for us we normally do the twelve days before and after thing.actually quite looking forward to it this year for some strange reason I normally can't be arsed apart from the time off work.