theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 08-05-15, 04:54 PM   #241
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Matt sounds like a good guy to deal with.

Who is it you get to do your mapping?

I saw Charles' VNT install at POL, the manifold looked awesome but he was saying that you cant get to 2 of the bolts in the middle due to the pipe routing. He reports no leaks though.

If you are worried about soot, I'd go for the SDIs to be honest. Getting the 200 tdis completely smoke free with the VNT will take some real dyno time I would have thought. That said, I really do think its possible... really pleased with the way mine are performing at the moment.
The man commented below took the fuel out for me - was just a send off the ecu job, but I was getting fed up of the HG risk, so put something safer in place.

I might be able to get the manifold fitted a bit easier with the ZS - bit more space to play with - it was fitted on a test engine, so it must be doable - just a case of the right tools to do it maybe *don't know*

Yeah I am really in two minds about this one - the turbo is 200+ capable (more like 240 on the vag's) so It can take more fuel than the SDi's can deliver... as you rightly say though it is going to take quite some sessions on the road/dyno to get the two working in harmony.

the fact you were able to take the fuel out and get a decent haze only suggests that it is not base atomisation at fault here - it is not great, but it is not 'too bad' either.... so something we can work with... i think with the progressive throttle elements can get round the soot issues personally - both in mapping and use of right foot...

Oh and Dakta - no need to rush, nothing to be fitted until the parts are made - so i'll hang on for now
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-15, 04:59 PM   #242
dakta

dakta is on a distinguished road
well it won't be too long because I need a vnt controller too, so ill steal one from my own batch
dakta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-15, 07:07 PM   #243
dakta

Bit of a teaser for you pete

Plenty 'o boost with this controller config!

Last edited by dakta; 25-05-15 at 07:10 PM.
Old 28-05-15, 01:43 PM   #244
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakta View Post
Bit of a teaser for you pete

Plenty 'o boost with this controller config!

Nice

Need to go and see the injector person, but work is getting in the way, as well as send off my turbo to Ade for fitting/matching with the manifold and DP.
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 31-05-15, 12:47 AM   #245
dakta

No rush, I've been called to one side to disassemble some marelli multijet and delphi stuff so I'm not exactly got a lot in the time front either

We'll get there though. It's nice to have you pioneering again
Old 05-06-15, 01:19 PM   #246
p_b82
Site Supporter

heheh, well bit behind the actual pinoeering curve here apart from one one front..

New injectors are calibrated and secret squirrel nozzles are fitted.... just need to pick them up, and some washers to trial fit/run them on the current map... will right foot limit, but want to see what idle does, and some basic running etc.

Don't want to say anything too detailed about them at this point, as they might not work, but fingers crossed they solve the atomisation issues, and flow a little more than SDI's.
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 05-06-15, 05:17 PM   #247
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good luck, with them.

Old 10-06-15, 03:41 PM   #248
dakta

Old 12-06-15, 11:04 AM   #249
p_b82
Site Supporter

Secret squirrel injectors are in (after losing a clamp bolt and then needing new leak off hose).... and for a very short shake down run, I will say the following:

Fuel I do not think is going to be a problem with these - on the previous map the hybrids hardly smoked at all on part throttle, and I never went above 70% throttle.

Now there is a large amount of smoke..... Too much for the current turbo, but hopefully not too much for the new one, if anything they might be just about right to reach full potential....

Have to say they are very smooth on idle.... and got good response off boost. I can't compare them to 200TDI's but I think they are not quite as 'extreme' as those.

Now the decision to take them out until the new turbo goes on, or leave them in and try not to smoke the world out... they will result in a lot of bumper cleaning me thinks!
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 12-06-15, 01:43 PM   #250
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

every trip for me, p_b82, with spirited driving. !!!