theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-01-11, 07:49 AM   #11
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
Had mine from 26 k and sold it on 36, no issues. Now on 44 k and needed vis soldering . That's all afaik. Mk 2 btw
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 10:08 AM   #12
roverdave81

roverdave81 is on a distinguished road
pointing

Ive had my mk1 180 for 3years in that time ive had to replace the inlet manifold both vis motors both Co2 and fitted a sheddist kit but im now sellin her as i bought a mk2 zs diesel
roverdave81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 11:06 AM   #13
daveronimo

daveronimo is on a distinguished road
I drive mine every day, had the belts done and new disks and pads... No issues at all reliability wise, seems to be a pretty solid little car! It is also for sale! Ad is on pistonheads just now. 2004 mk2, 58500 miles.

Mileage weekly is anywhere between 120 and 550 depending on staffing as I commute between Edinburgh and Glasgow, sommetimes share a ride.
Old 04-01-11, 11:17 AM   #14
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
ive had mine 6 months and not had any major issues. the way i look at it i do around 10,000 miles a year now i could spend that time sitting in a boring car and just drive. or drive my 180 and enjoy it it.

180's may cost more on petrol but nothings seems to go that wrong the v6 is much more reliable than my other cars. my mates dad has a 180 that he has had from new 2001 and has now done 160k miles and only had to replace the inlet once and the clutch not bad in 9 years

were as my a year of 120 ownership i had the waterpump go then the gasket in the inlet go then the inlet went completly then the wiring messed up i spent around ?500 on repairs on my 120 in the first 6 months and before that i had a hyundai accent that managed to destroy 2 fuel pumps and then dump all its oil and kill the engine. so to me the v6 is cheap to run!
vanishing days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 12:15 PM   #15
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Well I've had mine from new (2004) have done almost 50k, the belts have been replaced, the clutch hydraulics have been replaced twice and then 3rd time with a Sheddist kit, new clutch after the release bearing decided to take itself and the clutch out in one go, that was at 33k, other issues are the VIS motors.
I manage to get at least 34MPG on a run to work over a period of a week 200+ miles when driving like a grandad.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 12:39 PM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Come April I will have had mine 6 years, in that time I have covered around 60k miles. It was my daily commuter and did 350 miles a week with no issues for about 2 years, now use the Landy more. In that time I have replaced the clutch kit for 'sheddist', the only breakdown. Other than that I have replaced the plenum and still on the same set of vis motors, albeit repaired. Other items replaced have been for 'performance' parts, wear items and servicing.

I have never regretted my purchase and if I could afford it I would buy a good mark 2 to go with it!

A good 180 is only as good as the previous owner and level of servicing carried out and then carrying on the good work.
Old 04-01-11, 01:04 PM   #17
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
That's a brilliant point when I was lookin for mine one of the key things was that George had done lots of the work so I new it ha been well looked after
vanishing days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 03:06 PM   #18
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
ive had mine since may 2007 done around 20k miles the only problems ive had are Brakes (General Wear And Tear) And a leaky fuel rail thats it
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 04:15 PM   #19
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
Ive had the 180 about a year and a half.

Its had. New inlet mani, the ticking pissed me of. I did know about this when I bought it.

Heater resisters.

Last winter I got ice in the heater fan It burned out the fan, resisters and fuses. (Not a dear fix)

Battery also died in the winter.

Rear N/s wheel bearing.

And thats it.

This year it does want the front brakes doing and I would like to do the clutch hydraulics.

Like you the 180 makes sense, well actually it only makes sense not to sell it lol but I still love driving it.

What elts can you buy age for age and spec for spec for the same money. ???????
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 04:26 PM   #20
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1358wt_1139

This little number was pointed out to me...I've emailed the guy asking to look through the receipts see if the waterpump was done as well when the belts were done...I'm not in a position to buy yet but we'll see!