AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-10-14, 07:19 PM   #11
LukeZS96

LukeZS96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by henocsr View Post

Maybe now i am 30 i have turned into a grumpy old man, or was it just a better world 10 years ago when the internet was something people would look at to get information or buy something. Not tell the world what they ate for breakfast or that the woman in front of them in the bus queue is a horrible b**** because she looked at me funny and was wearing the same coat as me etc etc
No it's not age related mate I'm 18 and feel the very same. Hate some of the sh1te that's posted on fb... Makes me wonder weather some people should be allowed on the internet imo
LukeZS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 07:22 PM   #12
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I deactivated my account three weeks ago.wish I.had done it three years ago
Old 11-10-14, 10:04 PM   #13
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Another of the reasons I deactivated my account three years ago at 23.
Cretins.
And as you say, it spreads false workings of bits that shouldn't be confused.
Imagine trying to use your dump valve actually as a boost controller?
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 10:13 AM   #14
Rocket Red

Rocket Red will become famous soon enough
I have never had a Facebook account, so the only advice I can give is bin it cause all I ever hear about is a load of grief
Inner wing filter
Front strut brace
Rear strut brace
rear lower brace
Catch tank
Stainless cat back exhaust
Xpower springs
koni adjustable dampers
MG tf steering wheel

mod's coming soon
to many to list

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com
Rocket Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 10:43 AM   #15
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
It depends on your reasons for using Facebook. I initially signed up to keep in touch with my sister (south africa) and mother (florida) and it is perfect for that. I don't need to keep asking for regular updates on how things are because they post messages and pictures so it doesn't quite feel like I'm hundreds of miles away.

I also don't mind glancing through friends and work colleagues posts as it's sometimes interesting.

I don't post very often as I don't think my life is interesting enough to share with the world and tend only to post things involving other people.

I am signed up to 3 MG related groups and is purely for selfish reasons of seeing what parts/cars are available. I have my daily facepalm ready though because of the highlighted messages.

Yes, not everyone know about the cars or cars in general. I didn't many years ago. But I wouldn't have asked an open forum question before searching for the answer first (such as a forum like this one) People are lazy so just ask first. This is dangerous because then another list of uneducated people come on with the dumbest answers imaginable!

This is exactly why forums will never die. All the info is at your finger tips and an educated question reaps the correct answer with some banter behind it. That's all I need. A solution to my problem and a friendly reply. Plus ideas for upgrades!

As sh!t as the Facebook groups can be, I suffer them so I don't miss out on a potential bargain, helped by the lack of knowledge or value.

I always know I have the option to control what I see on Facebook so won't be closing my account unnecessarily.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 12:05 PM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I deactivated mine several weeks ago and only miss certain aspects. One day I may go back on but no rush. Not missing it at all tbh.
Old 12-10-14, 01:26 PM   #17
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I deactivated mine several weeks ago and only miss certain aspects. One day I may go back on but no rush. Not missing it at all tbh.
That's exactly how I feel Mick and to be honest it's brought me back here more often. before I deactivated it anyone who wanted to keep in touch I swapped details with so that's fine with me a lot of Facebook friends are members here anyway.
Old 12-10-14, 02:06 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
It depends on your reasons for using Facebook................I always know I have the option to control what I see on Facebook so won't be closing my account unnecessarily.
If there was a like button on the forum I'd press it, the post sums up my main reason for having a faceache account.
Old 12-10-14, 11:21 PM   #19
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I must say, every day its more tempting to remove the odd page! A person asked about rear calipers needing wound back but it wasn't clear what he was asking and said he had drums. I was quite polite about it but others didn't understand him either. Gave him advice anyway and he removed the thread! Charming!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-14, 09:39 AM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I must say, every day its more tempting to remove the odd page! A person asked about rear calipers needing wound back but it wasn't clear what he was asking and said he had drums. I was quite polite about it but others didn't understand him either. Gave him advice anyway and he removed the thread! Charming!
flol, I noticed that thread as well.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote