AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 21-04-11, 11:19 PM   #41
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by olliezs View Post
We'll Ive had the brakes fitted today and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Ive never driven or been in another car that can stop as quickly! the pedal feel is excellent and there is excellent progression in the brakes and very good initial bite at the top of the pedal and when cold.

I have found the A.B.S sometimes feels like its working overtime, but as Dave zs-x has said I'll adjust my driving to suit.

I have also had the rear compliance bushes replaced at MG with genuine items and the rear end is very planted and has also made a world of differance!

The windscreen issue has been resolved and I am very pleased with the outcome and the new screen has been fitted to a very high standard! Its a shame I had to go through all the rigmarole the first time, so big thumbs up for Mobile windscrrens!

My first trackday of the year in 2 weeks and cant wait now!
I remember that after fitting mine on my old trackcar. I has a abs fault at the time so when i tried the brakes hard for the 1st time the back stepped out big style...!
Great kit though. Imagine how good they are on a zs that weighs 200kg+ less......

Thats becoming a nice spec now!
Where are you doing your trackday?
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-11, 05:20 PM   #42
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MGT View Post
I remember that after fitting mine on my old trackcar. I has a abs fault at the time so when i tried the brakes hard for the 1st time the back stepped out big style...!
Great kit though. Imagine how good they are on a zs that weighs 200kg+ less......

Thats becoming a nice spec now!
Where are you doing your trackday?
Hi Dave

I have toyed with the idea of stripping the car out, but tbh I would only do this if the car was just for track, I removed some bits out of my old 106 gti which was fitted with a PeugeotSport exhaust and was deafening on the motorway!

My trackday is at Castle Combe, Im really looking forwards to it!

Im really torn at the moment as I would like to do the Reyland conversion using the Audi engine, but I like the V6 which is characterful and a nice engine with decent performance - plus sounds lovely with the ITG, but with my suspension and brake mods the car feels really underpowered!

What do you guys think?
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-11, 05:41 PM   #43
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Hi Dave

I have toyed with the idea of stripping the car out, but tbh I would only do this if the car was just for track, I removed some bits out of my old 106 gti which was fitted with a PeugeotSport exhaust and was deafening on the motorway!

Im really torn at the moment as I would like to do the Reyland conversion using the Audi engine, but I like the V6 which is characterful and a nice engine with decent performance - plus sounds lovely with the ITG, but with my suspension and brake mods the car feels really underpowered!

What do you guys think?
The Reyland is circa ?5K I think. Great if you have the money though - 300+ BHP through the front wheels though .... ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-11, 08:49 PM   #44
Dave MGT

Quote:
Hi Dave

What do you guys think?
Dont blame you! Its nice to have a track and road going car with all the comforts. Thats the joy with the 180. The fact it performs so well on track, especially with a few tweaks. It does deserve a bit more power.
Have you done the flywheel and diff yet?

The reyland conversion is a tricky one! I love the Kv6 it is a great engine just a shame big power cannot be had easy like other lumps.
Personaly I think it would be a shame to loose the V6 soundtrack, and it wouldnt really be a ZS180 with a different engine. Plus people wont be so suprised when you pass them on track
Old 23-04-11, 11:00 PM   #45
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Fitting a supercharger on a kv6 could amuse you greatly on track for some time. When you wish again 300+ hp, as said, first consider if it could be handled well by the front wheels solely... This much power is more likely for 4wd's. Anyway is appreciate your enthusiasm. Cheers m8
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-11, 01:59 AM   #46
Dave MGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post
Fitting a supercharger on a kv6 could amuse you greatly on track for some time.
Not for very long!! There hasnt been one thats lasted on track!
Old 24-04-11, 10:31 AM   #47
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MGT View Post
Not for very long!! There hasnt been one thats lasted on track!
didn't know that
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-11, 11:29 AM   #48
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I've now fitted my Bilsteins from VHS, but using X power springs, all I can say is wow, what a difference, the ride on the xpowers is better than the standard springs, all the suspension noise is gone, and it all seems much better damped.

It is a expensive kit, but imo worth every penny, it's such a shame that Eibach don't want to produce any more springs for the V6 and diesel because they are a country mile better than the Motobuild ones I tried briefly last year.

Nice car Ollie

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-11, 09:57 PM   #49
tomomgzs

tomomgzs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
I've now fitted my Bilsteins from VHS, but using X power springs, all I can say is wow, what a difference, the ride on the xpowers is better than the standard springs, all the suspension noise is gone, and it all seems much better damped.

It is a expensive kit, but imo worth every penny, it's such a shame that Eibach don't want to produce any more springs for the V6 and diesel because they are a country mile better than the Motobuild ones I tried briefly last year.

Nice car Ollie
how much are the bilsteins mate, im thinking off getting coilovers from avo or gaz as i have motobuild springs to bit crashy at the mo, but after i strip it out will probably need the coilovers to lower the ride! also can polycarb or perspex windows be used on the road and pass mot,s
mk1 mg zs 180, Janspeed manis-de-cat,longlife exhaust,itg induction,lightweight flywheel,torsen lsd,sheddist clutch kit,catch tank,motobuild springs,superflex fully polybushed,rear lower brace,stainless brake hoses, team dynamics 1.2s!
tomomgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-11, 07:17 AM   #50
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
The Bilsteins were ?575, but you'd need to contact Andy Kitson at www.vehiclehandlingsolutions.com to check availability they sell out pretty quickly

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote