theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 11-05-11, 04:23 PM   #61
ramdonice

ramdonice is on a distinguished road
maybe stupid idea but what about removing the abs fuse to disable the abs on track
Old 11-05-11, 04:27 PM   #62
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdonice View Post
maybe stupid idea but what about removing the abs fuse to disable the abs on track
Not a stupid idea, I did consider doing that, but I have no idea what it could lead to as I have never done this before?
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 04:40 PM   #63
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
Have just read the whole of this thread, the car looks good and it's nice to see it being enjoyed (as well as proving its worth on track).

Just one question, when you did the brakes did you upgrade the hoses? Was thinking of doing it on mine and wanted to see what difference it would make.
Captain Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 04:50 PM   #64
OllieZS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Peanut View Post
Have just read the whole of this thread, the car looks good and it's nice to see it being enjoyed (as well as proving its worth on track).

Just one question, when you did the brakes did you upgrade the hoses? Was thinking of doing it on mine and wanted to see what difference it would make.
Hi

The front and rear hoses were upgraded at the time of fitting the kit, I cant comment on what differance they'll make on their own tho.
Old 01-07-11, 08:54 PM   #65
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
I read the entire thread at work earlier today (had a very quiet period) and wow mate, i love how youve gone into such detail about your (journey) with the zs.

You have made the almost perfect shopping list for me on this thread, its just a shame that it will be a long time waiting to get half the things youve done for mine.

Top work mate, Keep the updates coming.
Craig-ZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 10:31 AM   #66
OllieZS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
I read the entire thread at work earlier today (had a very quiet period) and wow mate, i love how youve gone into such detail about your (journey) with the zs.

You have made the almost perfect shopping list for me on this thread, its just a shame that it will be a long time waiting to get half the things youve done for mine.

Top work mate, Keep the updates coming.
Thanks for the kind words craig-ZS180

A little update, at the end of this month the car is going into Launch Motorsport to have all the belts changed and the fitting of Piper 270 cams!

Does anybody know if I can get the vernier timing wheels?

Then August 12th I have another trackday at Castle combe! Cant wait!
Old 15-08-11, 06:26 PM   #67
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
How's this ZS coming on....Did you get the cams fitted and do combe on the 12th Ollie?
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-11, 07:16 PM   #68
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
nice thread......

anyone who tells you not to fit an lsd is talking out of their rectum, along with track tyres an lsd is the best performance gain there is, on track and off, there are no downsides at all, steering is not negatively affected in any way.
Lsd and track tyres, literally take the zs to the next level around a lap, having done almost every mod concievable they would be my first to do items.
ive done combe loads of times but the first time i went with an lsd i chopped literally whole seconds off my best lap time.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-11, 08:14 PM   #69
OllieZS

Hi everyone

DaveMGT, I have not had the cams fitted, a long story! but there still sat in there box ready and waiting! lol
The 'garage' charged with fitting them didnt have the tools for the job.

And I had my trackday at combe which was again excellent, and the car was very good, I just need to improve the suspension further
Below are some pics from last friday (12th August Combe)

Old 15-08-11, 08:23 PM   #70
OllieZS

Dave ZS-X, next on the list will be semi-slicks, Any recomendations?

As for an LSD, I will look at one in the future, again what would you recomend?

As for my trackday it was good, but it was a litle spoilt by the Caterhams having there own 3 sessions! because they had a race meeting that weekend.
So there werent a huge amount of road cars there, but in the morning I was comfortably the quickest out there, both sessions I lapped everyone! including an S2 Elise, Alfa 145, clio 182, 206 GTI, Midas kit car, toyota aygo! (sounded lovely for a 1.0!) and an A.C Cobra replica.

The A.C was a pain in the ass, He would not let me by! I left the pits a few cars in front of him, manage to be quick enough to 'lap' him, he keeps watching me in the mirror but wont move! Again I think its a pride thing!

oh well...... LOL

ZS's RULE!