theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-08-10, 10:06 PM   #21
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
well usually a crank seal would leak down the back of a flywheel, if the kv6 is the same as k4 though you need to locktight the flywheel bolts as the k4 has an opencrank basically, but youd see it leaking out the bottom of the gearbox if it was leaking,
hope you sort it soon, sort the hydraulics out before condeming seals ect, i wouldnt remove a gearbox for a crank seal unless it was actually leaking out the bottom

Last edited by Ritchy; 28-08-10 at 10:20 PM.
Ritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-10, 09:43 AM   #22
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I topped it up with oil and it seems to be holding it so prehaps its not oil contamination. It got me home, just about, took the motorway so that I could stick it in 5th and just cruise and was fine. Until we got back to Bristol that is, where it was juddering and squeeling.

Anyway I had to pick a parcel up from the post office so nipped down there this morning which is only a mile away. Got there alright was playing up when parking. On my way back though got out the carpark and got loads of squeeling and smoke from under the bonnet. So called the AA who have just dropped me home, guy seemed to think it was the release bearing, although cant see how that would fail on a 2 month old clutch?! The guy did ask, "is that the honda engine" so knows his knowledge of MG and the KV6.

The car is currently sat on my drive feeling sorry for itself.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-10, 09:49 AM   #23
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Dont you get a warranty on the new clutch????

Old 31-08-10, 09:55 AM   #24
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Dont you get a warranty on the new clutch????

Well need to find out what the problem is for sure, as Im not sure and the AA guy was convienced it was a honda engine.

Its the smoke im alittle concerned about

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 31-08-10, 10:04 AM   #25
grimmy

Don't want to be the harbinger of doom but that is exactly what happened when the release bearing went on my clutch Jay down to the smoke,juddering and smell weird that it has went after two months though
Old 31-08-10, 10:26 AM   #26
Marky Mark

Marky Mark is on a distinguished road
If it is the release bearing that has gone, if the clutch is still under warranty I would take it back where it was fitted if you can still get the car there?
Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-10, 03:09 PM   #27
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Just spoken to George and he is going to sort something out

Reading other threads seems Im not alone with failed release bearings soon after a new clutch, maybe its a poor design by MGR?
Anyway sure the car will soon be a delight to drive again

The AA guy did comment on how nice it was and that he hadnt seen many of them around.

Still going to try and get hold of a Sheddist kit to replace those chocolate hydraulics

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 31-08-10 at 03:56 PM.
Old 31-08-10, 08:36 PM   #28
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Glad that things are covered and you can get the car sorted, it was the release bearing that went on mine i think that killed my first OE clutch after only 40K on the clock.

I am (hopefully) picking up the car tomorrow on my way back down the country from a client visit up in sunny Hull this week... can't wait as it has been ages it seems !
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-10, 08:40 PM   #29
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I am (hopefully) picking up the car tomorrow on my way back down the country from a client visit up in sunny Hull this week... can't wait as it has been ages it seems !
One day we will have both our cars on the road at the same time, must be a bristol thing.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 31-08-10, 09:50 PM   #30
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
glad george is sorting it out for you it will most likely be a failed part of somekind wont be long now and all will be good and proper