theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars Wanted

Old 11-03-14, 07:57 AM   #11
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Mine is for sale as of yesterday. It's a black MK2 180 saloon on a 54 plate, registered January 2005. Has twin Xpower exhausts plus sports cat', inner wing induction kit plus breather filter and 18" Konig alloys. 2new front tyres about a month ago and in the last year i have replaced all 4 brake discs and pads, cv boots, exhaust centre section, clutch hydraulics, fog lamps due to looking hazed and badges plus i have undersealed it. Car has a part service history but many many receipts beyond that for replacement parts, oil changes and so forth (I do a lot of the work myself and what i'm not capable of goes to a trusted friends garage for back of the pocket cash hence why no stamps after a certain date) The car is on it's 3rd owner from new, the 1st being a dealership for pre-registration so in effect a 2 owner car. I have owned it since June 2007 and I put on an average 6000 miles per year. However in the last 2 years I have only done around 4000 miles per year. The car sailed through it's MOT last month and is taxed until the end of June. Interior is in excellent condition with the half leather seats having no bolster wear. No internal mods or nasty painted dashboard parts. All what I have changed is the head unit for an Alpine unit as it has the option to change the display to orange to match the rest of the dashboard plus it has USB connection and Ipod full control with the cables for both neatly tucked in the glovebox. Bodywork is overall good but as can be expected for a car over 9 years old it has stonechips on the front and a couple of other minor imperfections. With the exception of the wheels it is externaly standard. The wheels have been powdercoated in anthracite and look very smart. It also has the rare option of the large wing plus lip spoiler. Overall a very nice car that has served me well.
I'm looking for offers in the region of £1750. Absolutely no swaps or PX as I have a replacement car waiting. Thanks. :-)

Last edited by Mat C; 11-03-14 at 08:12 AM.
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 10:20 AM   #12
6282tom

6282tom is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info about your car mate, do you have any pictures?

Cheers

Tom
6282tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 11:29 AM   #13
Mat C

Yeah I will post a picture later. On my phone now and can't figure out how to post the one I have! Will valet it tomorrow and get a load to post up. Also my signature states it has Auto art rear lights. I replaced them for standard as they looked nasty!
Old 11-03-14, 11:34 AM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
From what I remember this was a nice mk2.
Old 11-03-14, 05:42 PM   #15
Mat C

Thank you Stamford, yes it's a nice car that has been well cared for. Only current picture I have is this one, excuse the poor privacy editing!

*EDIT* found another! Nice side view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zs180.jpg (98.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg zs180-side.jpg (96.4 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Mat C; 11-03-14 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-03-14, 09:08 AM   #16
6282tom

6282tom is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the pictures I'm not normally a fan of the aftermarket alloys but yours really suit the car.

I'm off to see one a bit closer to home this weekend so I'll let you know if I want to come have a look next week; assuming you haven't sold it!

Cheers

Tom
6282tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 10:21 AM   #17
Mat C

Thanks, yeah i'm the same when it comes to after market alloys but with the MK2 having bigger arches I always felt that the standard 17's looked a bit too small. And with the MK2's having the same climate control unit as the Pagani Zonda I decided to chose a set of 18's that closely mimicked those of the original Zondas!
Old 15-03-14, 12:14 PM   #18
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
I have a mk1 hatch in trophy blue for sale.
12 month mot , just been serviced fsh
New calipers all round
Full stainless power flow exhaust.
Lowering springs

£850
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote