AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars Wanted

Old 25-11-16, 09:07 PM   #31
dsirrom

dsirrom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Why is it you show a genuine interest in people's cars and they don't seem eager to get back to you with relevant information about anything.
Every thing looks so promising and then it's the people that let you down.

Used to enjoy car hunting but of recent it's become a far less enjoyable experience.
Only got until the 5th to get a 180 before I need to cancel my insurance and lose a chunk of money. Ruddy cars
Not sold mine yet - although a few calls since it went on Gumtree :-)
dsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-16, 09:33 PM   #32
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
How many miles per year you expecting to do in the 180?
Could be anything from 5-10k Mick as it would be mixed use between family through the week mostly and occasional taking to work and then the fun car for over the weekends plus whatever meets and so on that I would go to.
The rover currently gets between 10-13k yearly just back and forth from work and to the shops when we don't want to take the nice car.
Between both cars we had last year we did I think nearly 23k but then that was fortnightly and monthly Subaru meets and Brighton charity runs with that group.
Old 25-11-16, 10:44 PM   #33
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Dsirrom is keen and just a guess, but, I reckon would flex his price a bit. Have a try of the saloon, you'll have a car so not lose on insurance and if it doesn't work out sell it on.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-16, 11:06 PM   #34
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Appreciate that and not meaning to seem like I'm being awkward with it but I am trying to find one that really grabs me like my old one did (that was totally standard when I bought it so wasn't anything special in that way) because I have been through 3 cars already and cannot afford to keep buying and selling and losing out money on them plus my insurance company were getting funny about changing so frequently so need to get one we really want.
Plus me keep changing is starting to wind the wife up so need to do the best I can to keep the peace there too lol

I will be thinking all options over but it's just frustrating that the cars that have really grabbed me are being awkward to get hold of the owners.
Old 25-11-16, 11:09 PM   #35
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Could be anything from 5-10k Mick as it would be mixed use between family through the week mostly and occasional taking to work and then the fun car for over the weekends plus whatever meets and so on that I would go to.
The rover currently gets between 10-13k yearly just back and forth from work and to the shops when we don't want to take the nice car.
Between both cars we had last year we did I think nearly 23k but then that was fortnightly and monthly Subaru meets and Brighton charity runs with that group.
Still a fair few miles then. I was thinking if around 5k max then Peter Best insurance is the way to go. I only pay about £140 fully comp for the modded ZS. Might be worth giving them a call regardless, the only thing I had to do to keep the price down was give them my MGCC membership number for big discount.
Old 25-11-16, 11:22 PM   #36
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Still a fair few miles then. I was thinking if around 5k max then Peter Best insurance is the way to go. I only pay about £140 fully comp for the modded ZS. Might be worth giving them a call regardless, the only thing I had to do to keep the price down was give them my MGCC membership number for big discount.
Yes we do a fair few miles between both cars (when we have 2) it's not so much the insurance cost but the time scale my insurance co have given to get the replacement car to put on the policy.
Once renewal comes up (if I don't have to cancel it for now) I will certainly be trying a few of the other companies I tried with my previous 180.
Old 26-11-16, 07:38 AM   #37
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Fair enough Craig .... you just came across like there was a time frame issue which was becoming as important as finding a car.

I understand 100% about changing all the time and getting grief from the Mrs. I'm lucky as she's very understanding - and nearly as bad - and to be honest it gets boring. I'm in a 12 month lease car now (extendable to 15) so it's all sorted and we both know that in 9ish months the phone calls and order books will be out again for the next one, but it means for the next year or so I'm not interested in cars which is a first for me since, well, forever!

Well - when I say not interested - I mean apart for trying to source decent cars for guys on here ....
Old 26-11-16, 08:56 AM   #38
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Fair enough Craig .... you just came across like there was a time frame issue which was becoming as important as finding a car.

I understand 100% about changing all the time and getting grief from the Mrs. I'm lucky as she's very understanding - and nearly as bad - and to be honest it gets boring. I'm in a 12 month lease car now (extendable to 15) so it's all sorted and we both know that in 9ish months the phone calls and order books will be out again for the next one, but it means for the next year or so I'm not interested in cars which is a first for me since, well, forever!

Well - when I say not interested - I mean apart for trying to source decent cars for guys on here ....
In fairness there is kind of a time frame issue but at the end of the day after messing around as much as we have done already this year I just want to find something we actually want to own rather than make do if you get what I mean. Not in anyway knocking cars that have been suggested but more that they just haven't made me feel "yes that is the one".
Yeah I have seen the posts ref the BMW, looks a very nice car mate. I have been tempted to take up our work lease scheme against one of the A45's or CLA45's but just cannot justify the monthly payments. It is cheaper than normal dues to staff rates but still a lot for not owning the car imo.
If I cannot find one I want before I shall just have to swallow the cancellation charges and then take a new policy out when I did the right one, would rather not but if needs must it's not the end of the world.

Appreciating your searches too mate, you do manage to find them lurking away lol.
Old 26-11-16, 10:15 AM   #39
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Mk1 green hatch - looks clean and MOT until Dec 17 without any advisories.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...us=1500&page=2
Old 08-12-16, 10:58 PM   #40
Craig-ZS180

Hopefully if all goes according to plan and the car turns out to be as I am hoping it to then I may become the owner of an XPG mk2 hatch over the weekend.
Fingers crossed it is as clean and straight as I have been told.