AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-13, 11:23 PM   #1
Cruizer

Cruizer is on a distinguished road
Supercharged ZS Rebuild

Hi folks, just thought I'd put up abit of a rebuilt thread up following my accident back in February.

Its a known fact throughout most of the MG-R community I had a "bump", so its nothing I could hide.

I'd like to thank everyone who's given support throughout this, mainly over Facebook, but also within this forum. It really does mean a lot!

So as you know, I bought the car back in September, looking all nice and shiny...

On my way to work on Monday 25th February I hit a BMW 525d estate. Barely any damage to the BMW. Cracked and dislodged rear bumper, and a dented boot lid. The ZS took the brunt of it all.

Started looking into the damage. Mostly panel damage, bent front slam panel, radiator and air con condenser, fans, and a snapped engine mounting.

Ironically, the OWW on the numberplate survived haha

After being told by my insurance company that it'd be a write off if I claimed, and being insulted with an offer of £1200 for the car, I decided fixing it myself and not claiming was my best option.

Strip down began at work...

I then had to get the car moved to my house, due to lack of space at work, and the rebuild really made some progress.

Old slam panel sections removed

Trail fit of a few panels, just to make it look more like a car.

Went for the MOT and passed with no advisories, and drove from there, straight to the body shop, for a full respray

All sprayed up and being put back together

And then it was time to hit the shows!
En route to Modified Nationals

The finish they got on the paint is fantastic!

And since I've had it back, I've done nothing but clean it

I couldn't let a car like this just be written off, and hope you like the final result. Just need to be more careful in future!

Hopefully Gary (previous owner) will see this thread and be pleased at how its been repaired, and all his efforts weren't wasted.

Comments, criticisms etc all welcome

Thanks
Nath
Cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote