theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-11-11, 05:22 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Wales Rally 2012

Its that time of year again, when I decide its fun to spend 4 days, getting cold, muddy. Sleep in the car, up at crack of dawn and drive vast distances, all because I love my sport.

Yep Im off to marshal on the Wales Rally GB 2011. Spent the weekend getting the ZED ready, levels checked, put his sticker and passes on. Maps ready, tank full.

Will post report and pics when I come back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZS631.jpg (66.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ZS632.jpg (72.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ZS633.jpg (79.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ZS634.jpg (71.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ZS635.jpg (90.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by daytona365; 07-11-11 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Date error
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-11, 06:48 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think we will need before and after pics.

Last time you brought half of Wales back with you!!!!

Have a good time.

Old 06-11-11, 09:27 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
2012 - tis a long way off, what happened in 2011?
Old 07-11-11, 08:03 PM   #4
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
2012 - tis a long way off, what happened in 2011?

MEGA BLONDE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I meant 2011, as in next week....................
Old 07-11-11, 08:06 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
MEGA BLONDE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I meant 2011, as in next week....................
lol, you know where Wales is?, it's the bit attached to the left hand side of England

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 08:42 PM   #6
daytona365

Oh I know where it is. Its where they talk funny and dont like us foreigners!!!
Been going there for more years than I can remember.

ps my fiance is welsh lol
Old 07-11-11, 10:06 PM   #7
Magic

Magic is on a distinguished road
Hopefully may see some of this, some family live in Llandudno.
Old 12-11-11, 07:46 AM   #8
daytona365

Well back home already!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally got to north wales, just missing a jack-knifed lorry on the M54 that the police shut both ways behind me. That was as I came out of Telford Tesco. Petrol at £1.28 a litre... Anyway get to the entrance of the stage, 5 mile track to get to signing on, and when I get there, the crew couldnt find me on their computer. Eventually got all signed in, asked if the stage was ok, they said yeah, its all just smooth slate and mud ( like in attached picture).
Hell no, just round the corner from the start were stones the size of bricks, and the track had 3inch deep grooves, leaving a big pile of stones in the middle. These instantly tried ripping my splitter off and making a hell of a noise as the exhaust and antiroll bar dragged over them. So I tried to drive on top of the stones, but that was no better. SO on theradio, to tell them state of stage. Tell tehm that once the cars go through 4 times I wont be able to get out, so Im going out now. They took me off list and I made my way back to the main road. My idea was then to make my way to the next stage, one I had marshalled before in ZED, so I knew that would be passable. However as I drove along the A483 south, my ABS came on. Stopped in a laybye, and called out breakdown. When her turned up guess what the light had gone off, but he still gave the car look over. He found a large rock resting against my reluctor ring and caliper. He reckoned that was upsetting the sensor reading.
By now I was just fed up with wales, so I drove home. Now the weekend will be spent under the car, inspecting any more damage. I have marshalled the event in normal road cars for years, but have been noticing lately that the stages are getting harder to pass through, and almost impossable to get out, unless you are in a Landrover.................................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZS636.jpg (64.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-11-11, 07:53 AM   #9
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Sounds like you made a good decision even if it mucked up your weekend. At least you've made it home. Hope the cars ok.
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 09:35 AM   #10
daytona365

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshone View Post
Sounds like you made a good decision even if it mucked up your weekend. At least you've made it home. Hope the cars ok.
Just finished checking him over. All ok. Just a bit dirty!

May have to borrow stamfords Landy next year