Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-01-09, 04:10 PM   #1
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Got a second car coming...

And no it's not another 180!

Unfortunately

However, for my new job which I've finally started I now have to commute all over London and Kent, and leave my car in really rough areas at times...

So obviously doing 100odd miles a day in a car which gets 20mpg (damn my lead foot) just isn't going to work.

And also leaving my usually mint (no comments needed here) car in some 'dodgy' places to say the least....I'm not too keen on.

So I placed a call to Dad and said "I need something cheap, reliable and economical"

I get a call 10 minutes later "do you want to buy it?"

when he says 'it' I knew exactly what he meant....so I asked him how much and agreed.

Ladys and gents my next car is....

wait for it......

A MAESTRO

it's got a 2.0 Turbo Diesel engine, the car is dark blue with green mouldy bits, it's got several coffee mugs on the floor and the radio crackles and barely works, it's also an absolute **** heap...

I paid.....thirty quid....yep, that's right....thirty quid - it gets 60mpg, I can leave it anywhere....it was left in a rough city centre for 2 days with the key in it and it wasn't stolen (was trying to prove a point to Dad it's unickable)

It's perfect

I'll get pictures when it's actually mine...

Plans for it?

I'm going to sort the sound system out, the whole car vibrates some due to half of it falling apart, as long as I can plug my phone in and not listen to constant crackling that'll be fine.

And maybe make it as tacky as possible...I'm thinking undercar neons, cheap halfords spinners, blue LED's on the bonnet...the lot

Anyway, I might have a picture of it somewhere...I gotta go but thought I'd let you guys know.

buhbye!
Old 15-01-09, 04:18 PM   #2
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
love it, good car great engine
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-09, 04:52 PM   #3
sduk

v nice! you could spend a wee bit of money on it and clean it up and make it nice
Old 15-01-09, 04:54 PM   #4
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
I suspect it may gain some interest if left on our forecourt. One of our customers is deeply into Maestros. He owns the Opaline one that is in our showroom and is supposedly the lowest mileage Maestro in private hands. The only Maestro with lower mileage, so he tells me, is the one at Gaydon.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-09, 05:02 PM   #5
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
how many miles?
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-09, 05:46 PM   #6
Phate

Hehe, I'll bring it down to you guys one day next week Ralph for a chat
Old 15-01-09, 05:47 PM   #7
Phate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduk View Post
v nice! you could spend a wee bit of money on it and clean it up and make it nice
Don't really planning on spending any money on it, only if it needs it to keep working.

The tacky stuff is exactly that, tacky - therefore, cheap. So it'll be "I'm bored today, let's stick neons on the maestro!"
Old 15-01-09, 05:57 PM   #8
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
And no it's not another 180!

Unfortunately

However, for my new job which I've finally started I now have to commute all over London and Kent, and leave my car in really rough areas at times...

So obviously doing 100odd miles a day in a car which gets 20mpg (damn my lead foot) just isn't going to work.

And also leaving my usually mint (no comments needed here) car in some 'dodgy' places to say the least....I'm not too keen on.

So I placed a call to Dad and said "I need something cheap, reliable and economical"

I get a call 10 minutes later "do you want to buy it?"

when he says 'it' I knew exactly what he meant....so I asked him how much and agreed.

Ladys and gents my next car is....

wait for it......

A MAESTRO

it's got a 2.0 Turbo Diesel engine, the car is dark blue with green mouldy bits, it's got several coffee mugs on the floor and the radio crackles and barely works, it's also an absolute **** heap...

I paid.....thirty quid....yep, that's right....thirty quid - it gets 60mpg, I can leave it anywhere....it was left in a rough city centre for 2 days with the key in it and it wasn't stolen (was trying to prove a point to Dad it's unickable)

It's perfect

I'll get pictures when it's actually mine...

Plans for it?

I'm going to sort the sound system out, the whole car vibrates some due to half of it falling apart, as long as I can plug my phone in and not listen to constant crackling that'll be fine.

And maybe make it as tacky as possible...I'm thinking undercar neons, cheap halfords spinners, blue LED's on the bonnet...the lot

Anyway, I might have a picture of it somewhere...I gotta go but thought I'd let you guys know.

buhbye!
Ha ha, get on with it fella. When you've done with it, stick it on max p...I'm sure you'll get a bidder.

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-09, 06:05 PM   #9
chriszs180

i've got some neons i did think aboutages ago in the loft put one on and it fell off didnt bother with the rest and its been in my loft for years....
ha ha was thinking about using them in my sons room to light under his bed......
Old 15-01-09, 06:07 PM   #10
Phate

You know you want to give them to me really

What colour are they?