theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 17-01-14, 05:54 PM   #11
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
There ment to handle really well ! Plus are a good spec.
I think they look great in the flesh. Better than most things on the road these days.
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 06:13 PM   #12
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
For that price I would really think about it as a run up to work and back car.saving my zs for future classic car glory.
Old 17-01-14, 08:19 PM   #13
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
They drive very, very well. The one thing that impressed me right from when I did the press launch back in 2011 was the chassis.

Dynamically it's very good - credit to Andy Kitson and the team in Birmingham (the same people who did the ZS' suspension) it's comfortable but also great over a B-road. You can't say they're bad to drive.

It's not perfect though - the clutch is far too light and I didn't really like the gearbox.

The diesel, on the other hand, is brilliant. Superb gearbox and a nice fat torque band. It feels really rather sporty - it's a cracking motor.

The insides a bit bland, but its a car with an awful lot to offer. Would I buy a petrol? Probably not. A diesel? In a heartbeat. You can read my week with the MG6 diesel in the current MG Enthusiast by the way

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-14, 11:21 AM   #14
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
I dont get this hate for the MG6, I love the car, even if I did break the interior on one of the very first at Goodwood.
having driven one I think its a good car and if in TSE spec a lot of car for the money, In fact I may look at buying one soon, I have seen a TSE in white I like the look of alot, where else can I buy a car that size with all the goodies, not that old and with less than 10k on the clock? for under 8k?
I showed that grey one to a mate who had his lexus is250 se-l written off by a lorry last week and he is tempted to go view it.

we all know that these MG's are not the real thing but that does not make them a heap of ****. badge snobbery coming into play here. its an MG but not an MG who cares?

Last edited by Squeaks; 18-01-14 at 11:25 AM.
Squeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-14, 11:54 AM   #15
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
What! Why bother dan when another £1300 would get you this.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi.../bmw?logcode=p
BMWs are hugely overated for what they are, they still go wrong as often if not more than any other brand of car, that car, that still has fairly high mileage, if its not had brakes done will likely all need done soon, parts arent cheap and lets not forget its out of warranty now at 4 years old.
Old 18-01-14, 02:08 PM   #16
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Some people don't like the 6, it's as simple as that, back in the 80's the triple M MG's were sneered at by the dyed in the wool MG enthusiasts but are now accepted as bona fide MG's.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

Last edited by petet16; 18-01-14 at 02:24 PM.
petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-14, 02:17 PM   #17
C13URD

C13URD will become famous soon enough
Sorry to say but I really think they are ugly don't like um one bit
C13URD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-14, 03:48 PM   #18
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
we all know that these MG's are not the real thing but that does not make them a heap of ****. badge snobbery coming into play here. its an MG but not an MG who cares?
Nothing to do with the badge on it, could have a McLaren or Ferrari badge on it, wouldn't make it a nice looking car in my eyes. Saw one on the road not long after they were released and just thought it was so boring.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-14, 04:38 PM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Some people don't like the 6, it's as simple as that, back in the 80's the triple M MG's were sneered at by the dyed in the wool MG enthusiasts but are now accepted as bona fide MG's.
I still find that a lot of folks don't accept the Triple M's as MG's but do include the Zeds.
Old 18-01-14, 05:18 PM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Really, I thought all that nonsense with the triple M's not being proper MG's was in the past, obviously some prejudices die hard.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote