theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 18-01-14, 05:54 PM   #21
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
They are **** cars. Terrible build quality, poor finish and ugly as sin. Look at them from the side - wheels and windows too small for the enlarged door area. Crap after sales support. Yes there are warranties and garages, but getting parts to complete the repairs are a different story. Wouldn't touch one.
Old 18-01-14, 07:24 PM   #22
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
I agree with Zred on this and I disagree with this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
I dont get this hate for the MG6, I love the car, even if I did break the interior on one of the very first at Goodwood.
having driven one I think its a good car and if in TSE spec a lot of car for the money, In fact I may look at buying one soon, I have seen a TSE in white I like the look of alot, where else can I buy a car that size with all the goodies, not that old and with less than 10k on the clock? for under 8k?
I showed that grey one to a mate who had his lexus is250 se-l written off by a lorry last week and he is tempted to go view it.

we all know that these MG's are not the real thing but that does not make them a heap of ****. badge snobbery coming into play here. its an MG but not an MG who cares?
Sorry to say but the 6 isnt and wont be an MG, its a rebodied attempt at a new chinese car the Roewe 550 from which it comes from is utter rubbish too.
As the Zed range did have different bits to MG them, the 6 has nothing except for the MG badge it wears, I may speak out turn, but its true............I'll get my coat!

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-14, 09:07 AM   #23
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
I agree with Zred on this and I disagree with this post

Sorry to say but the 6 isnt and wont be an MG
That old chestnut! People have said the same of the MGB, because it was a monocoque, and the Maestro, Metro and Montego, and the Zeds. Infact, of pretty much every new MG that's come out.

Some will like it, some won't. Such is life. One thing I will say is that I think it's a good thing that there are still new MGs being built. Better that than the name go the way of Austin, Morris, Rover, Riley, Wolseley, Triumph, Hillman, Singer etc...

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-14, 10:15 AM   #24
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueads View Post
Some will like it, some won't. Such is life. One thing I will say is that I think it's a good thing that there are still new MGs being built. Better that than the name go the way of Austin, Morris, Rover, Riley, Wolseley, Triumph, Hillman, Singer etc...
Oi! Triumph Motorcycles are still around :P lol

As for the 6... I prefer the look of the Magnette and would only consider the Diesel, but still much to expensive for me to consider buying one!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-14, 10:50 AM   #25
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Over the years the MG badge has appeared on lightly reworked Morris Oxfords, Morris 1100/1300, the triple M's, the zeds, and now the 3 and 6, it is as much an MG as any of the others, personally, I don't like them, but I'm not a huge fan of the ZT either, it's just an individual opinion thing.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-14, 09:01 AM   #26
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
A friend of mine works at Autocar and says it's not a bad car. They have one on long term test and Steve Cropley loves it. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's great value and drives really well. Really like them in red with black sills and wheels.
Old 25-01-14, 09:15 AM   #27
Hambo-180

Hambo-180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Do I get the £7200 with the car?? Would need to before I drive one of them. Horrible cars bet they drive like sh1t too.
god what a hideous car! bland, dull, dull, bland.....boak!
Hambo-180 is offline   Reply With Quote