theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 25-01-14, 03:09 PM   #1
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Trophy Yellow 2L TD Saloon

I am reluctantly having to put my ZS up for sale due to circumstances changing, going down to a one car family and my other half needs her car for work where I don't as I use my mountain bike, so here goes.
She is a mk1 trophy yellow 2L td that has been converted to a mk2. She has done a 104,760 miles this will not go up by much as she does not get used a lot. She has had a lot done to her since I have owned her. The engine has had a remap by Matt Reidy and is putting out 160bhp (she pulls like a rocket now). She has a stainless steel turbo outlet pipe, Roose motorsport yellow boost hoses, Green Cotton cone air filter, Digimafam, SDI injectors, boost gauge boost running at 19/20 psi, egr valve blanked off, full dual exit stainless steel exhaust system. The down pipe and decat were done by powerflo and from the cat back was done by Longlife (which the guarantee is transferrable). The ZS is one of the higher spec models she comes with reverse parking sensors, aircon, sunroof, foglights, electric windows front and rear, heated seats, rear headrests, all the seat covers were replaced with new ones about two years ago. The interior has the mk2 dashboard with black oak and chrome trim.
She had part service history when I got her and some paperwork, since owning her she has been serviced every year. Take a look at my album there is a full description of everything that I have done to the ZS. She has a jvc head unit, vibe black air subwoofer and 12 disc jvc cd auto changer (which is just over a year old and included in the sale). I have various spare parts for the car which will be included as well.
Now for the bad bits. The cambelts needs doing, power steering hoses need replacing, the aircon I think has a leak somewhere, mk2 alloys could do with being refurbished, age related marks and stone chips on the bodywork/windscreen, slight colour difference between the mk2 bodywork parts and the original bodywork parts on the car, headlight washer jet system does not work (have not been able to get this working since installing it when I did the mk2 conversion). I think that is everything, pm me if you want more info and I will give you my mobile number so we can chat about the Zed. I am after £2,700 but open to sensible offers if I get the asking price I will get the cambelts and power steering hoses done. MOT expiry date is 05/09/2014 and tax expiry date 31/07/2014.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (81.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (96.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (96.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 031 (2).jpg (97.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (96.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (98.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 035.jpg (88.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (88.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg !BtTezuw!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-C!EvPos+Z7EBL7ZEPdr)!~~_12.jpg (38.1 KB, 47 views)
Old 25-01-14, 03:50 PM   #2
ZSONE80

ZSONE80 is on a distinguished road
Nice car and lots of nice mods aswell. Worth every penny in my book, good luck with the sale dude.
ZSONE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-14, 04:11 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Thats a shame, know you have put a lot of money and hours into the car.

Good luck with the sale.

Old 26-01-14, 11:35 AM   #4
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Cheers guys, yeah I am gutted.
Old 26-01-14, 11:47 AM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Change your mind, quick.

Far too good to sell.

But with the sensible head on, you gotta do, what you gotta do.

Always thought of it as my twin!!!

Old 26-01-14, 01:38 PM   #6
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Make the wife use the bike, and keep the ZS.........................., bet if you told her to get rid of some of her shoes lol
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-14, 02:10 PM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
£2700 is a keen price, even with belts done, on a mk1, stick to the price and tell the wife it isn't selling, you'll just have to keep it. Anyway it is more than a car to you, it is a hobby and man needs a hobby, some go to football, others play golf or fish, we play with cars.
Old 26-01-14, 03:06 PM   #8
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
If you can get that much for it you'll be doing REALLY well. Last year I got my Dad a 1 owner 53 plate Mondeo TDCi Ghia X with 72K on it for £2100, and reluctantly have to admit that it's better built, better equipped, more refined/comfortable and more economical.

He's now not getting the use out of it because he's nearly 85, so has said he'll probably let me have it this year because he'll get a mobility scooter - providing I give him half what I get for mine. It's a no-brainer really when mine has 152K on it - I'd be daft not to.

I love my ZS - it's been a fantastic car to me, but I have to be realistic and acknowledge that if it hadn't been for it being a bargain in the first place, and because of owning a ZR TD previously I know that they cost peanuts to run, I doubt I'd have made it here.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-14, 04:35 PM   #9
ZSONE80

ZSONE80 is on a distinguished road
If i hadnt have bought the mk2 td i would of had it off of you for sure, its gonna end up costing over £2000 + and its still a cat d.
ZSONE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-14, 06:03 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Shame it has come to this considering the amount of work and effort put in, but needs must etc. Good luck with the sale, has the best of everything right there.