theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 26-03-14, 12:16 AM   #1
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
MK1 ZS 180 LeMans Green (52) (Saloon)

Just testing the water here guys, but I've got myself into a bit of a dilemma and one of my cars has to go.

I currently own two ZS 180's, an 03 XPG and a 52 LeMans Green (both Saloon). One of them has to go, and after much debating it's going to have to be the LeMans Green one. I've owned the car for a few weeks now and purchased the car for one reason - to be my main car whilst I broke my XPG 180 for spares.

I did debate selling the XPG 180 complete, as now because of an increase in work - which will continue for the next 6 months (not a bad thing at the moment!) - I have no time to break the car for spares, but with it's current mechanical issues (clutch/gearbox) and bodywork condition I wouldn't get anything for the car if I sold it complete, which is a shame as it's my pride and joy and has had a fortune spent on it.

The Green ZS I own has covered 65,000 documented miles, all timing belts/tensioners/water pump done as well as the thermostat. The VIS motors I am told have been resoldered and are fully functional - there are no rattles from the inlet manifold either. It's in remarkable condition for it's age, there is a slight scuff on the front bumper just above the number plate and a few small marks on the rear bumper, but that is it.

The car at the moment is in bits - as I planned to keep the car for myself I have spent the last week undersealing, waxoyling and blowing Dynax S-50 straight into all of the box sections, something I think that is generally overlooked nowadays. The car is in remarkable condition underneath - the fuel tank is even off and will be replaced once waxoyled, with new hangers and bolts and whilst I am under there I have ordered a new cat back system (mild steel to keep the car standard) which I will fit next week. The side skirts have been removed, the inner box sections have been cavity waxed and the outer sills undersealed and waxoyled. The car needs a new auxilliary drivebelt (squeals a bit when cold) which I will be fitting this week as well, and the boot springs and brackets have failed - I will sort these as well.

If I don't get what I want for it then I will simply hang onto the car because it is fantastic, the colour is excellent and parked side by side with my XPG I actually think the green is better! The car is a nice, completely standard and unmodified example which is what attracted me to it.

I intend to upload some photos as soon as the car is completely put back together, in the meantime I will upload some of the progress that I have been making in terms of undersealing - which will also be documented in the service history.

I'm open to offers, but I'm in no rush to sell. It's not sensible at the moment for me to keep hold of the car at home but I have options to store it if I need to, so no silly offers please as it's a lovely example of a MK1. It's taxed until the end of June 2014 and MOT'd until January 2015. There were no advisories on its last MOT.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-14, 01:07 AM   #2
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough

Old 26-03-14, 01:15 AM   #3
top_man_eldo