theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars Wanted

Old 21-11-16, 07:00 PM   #21
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Thought had found one that suited, did an mot history check which showed that two years ago failed it's mot badly due to underfloor corrosion on floor pan and chassis mounts
Being sold as an immaculately kept example with low miles. Can't argue with that but the way it's been phrased on its history leaves me a little doubtful about the overall condition and what may be trying to be hidden.
Was a nice looking pre project drive 5dr hatch..
Old 21-11-16, 07:06 PM   #22
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirrom View Post
Mine is still fort sale if you are interested ...

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31018
Ideally I am after a hatch I think, the more I look those are the more appealing for overal use and so on.
I will keep yours in mind though as does look a straight example.

Where are you based?
Old 22-11-16, 11:24 AM   #23
dsirrom

dsirrom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Ideally I am after a hatch I think, the more I look those are the more appealing for overal use and so on.
I will keep yours in mind though as does look a straight example.

Where are you based?
I'm in Southampton so not too far from Essex. If you were interested and have an iPhone then potentially (4G signal availability allowing) we could try a FaceTime at the weekend so you could have a proper look around the car in daylight before considering a drive to see it (might help save time etc).
dsirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 11:47 AM   #24
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
For what it's worth Craig having owned both, the only practical advantage I saw in the hatch was the ability to fold the seats and carry longer bits to the tip. The Mk2 boot is massive - seriously. I've found the saloon to be a better drive to be honest with better sound insulation over the hatch.

Your call ofcourse but if you're keeping the hatch 45 you have - any transporting of long bits and bobs could be done in that and save the ZS.

There's a guy selling a saloon via Gumtree who has pics of his on a camping trip - so there's an example of a guy using the saloon to it's full potential.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/for-sal...180/1200796681
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 09:14 PM   #25
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirrom View Post
I'm in Southampton so not too far from Essex. If you were interested and have an iPhone then potentially (4G signal availability allowing) we could try a FaceTime at the weekend so you could have a proper look around the car in daylight before considering a drive to see it (might help save time etc).
I will let you know as potentially have found one almost in my doorstep.
Will keep you posted though.
Old 22-11-16, 09:18 PM   #26
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
For what it's worth Craig having owned both, the only practical advantage I saw in the hatch was the ability to fold the seats and carry longer bits to the tip. The Mk2 boot is massive - seriously. I've found the saloon to be a better drive to be honest with better sound insulation over the hatch.

Your call ofcourse but if you're keeping the hatch 45 you have - any transporting of long bits and bobs could be done in that and save the ZS.

There's a guy selling a saloon via Gumtree who has pics of his on a camping trip - so there's an example of a guy using the saloon to it's full potential.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/for-sal...180/1200796681
It's a fair shout Dan I just also think I prefer the hatch looks myself (marginally that is)
If I had managed to get hold of my mates dads one which was very rare bringing Nocturne Blue I would've jumped at that one as a saloon.
Gutted it went tbh.
Mk1, iirc 2 owners and was absolutely stunning.

Think just found your old saloon mk2 (red monacos) online did mot history and that too has suffered badly on chassis / floor pan corrosion.
Such a shame as looks lovely up top still.
Old 23-11-16, 09:01 AM   #27
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
It's a fair shout Dan I just also think I prefer the hatch looks myself (marginally that is)
If I had managed to get hold of my mates dads one which was very rare bringing Nocturne Blue I would've jumped at that one as a saloon.
Gutted it went tbh.
Mk1, iirc 2 owners and was absolutely stunning.

Think just found your old saloon mk2 (red monacos) online did mot history and that too has suffered badly on chassis / floor pan corrosion.
Such a shame as looks lovely up top still.
The silver one I sold to Matt ? Red alcantara ? Link ? That car was solid !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 08:03 PM   #28
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
The silver one I sold to Matt ? Red alcantara ? Link ? That car was solid !
To be honest now mate, I cannot remember on which site I saw it now. Iirc had plate ending BZS or similar. Starlight silver mk2 saloon, had some aftermarket black alloys on it and the rear lamps had been smoked and yes the red alcantara interior in it.
Other mods on it but as I say did the check on the ref and said it had failed on corrosion on chassis / floor pan just can't remember if it said serious on that one or if that was another.
Old 25-11-16, 07:38 PM   #29
Craig-ZS180

Why is it you show a genuine interest in people's cars and they don't seem eager to get back to you with relevant information about anything.
Every thing looks so promising and then it's the people that let you down.

Used to enjoy car hunting but of recent it's become a far less enjoyable experience.
Only got until the 5th to get a 180 before I need to cancel my insurance and lose a chunk of money. Ruddy cars
Old 25-11-16, 08:25 PM   #30
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
How many miles per year you expecting to do in the 180?