theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 31-10-10, 10:17 PM   #41
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Once again thanks to all for the supportive posts, working through giving rep but can only give out about 3/4 per day for some reason Am thinking about maybe going down on Wednesday to see what i can take from it and probably get a couple of pics. Will see once i speak to the company that has it tomorrow and find out what the script with it is. Not 100% sure how this all works as never had an own fault accident, never mind a write off accident before so this is all new to me now.
Old 31-10-10, 11:02 PM   #42
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Good luck with it mate, hopefully all will be well and you will end up happy with whatever you get out of it.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 07:23 AM   #43
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
Really Gutted for you, Main thing as everyone else says is your ok.
Old 01-11-10, 08:18 AM   #44
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Suspect its hard to see your pride and joy all bashed up, but if its got a lot of goodies on it, think I would buy it back from the insurance company.

Know youve got to have somewhere to store it, plus the cost of moving it, but if you sell off, or keep the bits and swap on to another car could be most cost effective.

Think if its an own fault accident you will have to pay the ins excess, and hope you have protected no claims, so that next time you have to insure you keep the years you have.

You sure there hadnt been an oil/petrol spillage on the corner, specially as the other car came off at the same place. Just seems a bit of a coincidence!!!

Hope your getting over it OK.

Old 01-11-10, 12:18 PM   #45
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
What exact;y had you done to the car that makes it so special. a lot of people on here seem to think you should buy it back from the insurance, and if you're getting another ZS seems to make sence if you've spent money on it. is there a thread somewhere showing your mod's history or out like that?

Sorry for your loss by the way.
Old 01-11-10, 04:50 PM   #46
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Once again thanks to all for the supportive posts, working through giving rep but can only give out about 3/4 per day for some reason Am thinking about maybe going down on Wednesday to see what i can take from it and probably get a couple of pics. Will see once i speak to the company that has it tomorrow and find out what the script with it is. Not 100% sure how this all works as never had an own fault accident, never mind a write off accident before so this is all new to me now.
The car is yours, so you're legally entitled to claim back any modifications you've made to it which have been declared mate. I was reading up on it somewhere but can't recall where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
What exact;y had you done to the car that makes it so special. a lot of people on here seem to think you should buy it back from the insurance, and if you're getting another ZS seems to make sence if you've spent money on it. is there a thread somewhere showing your mod's history or out like that?
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/search.php
Old 01-11-10, 04:55 PM   #47
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

It was just a very well looked after, and from what I gather, cared for Zed and kept in good condition
Old 01-11-10, 06:12 PM   #48
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Because it was one of the best examples of a zed that I have seen

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 06:45 PM   #49
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:

Nowt that special, just had it pretty much the way I wanted it

Looks like nowts going to happen as bodyshop say unless it is personal belongings then i cannot ermove anything. Will speak to the insurers tomorrow to get their side. Been officially written off now too, total loss cat B said the message on my phone
Old 01-11-10, 06:49 PM   #50
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Gutting Gary. Just a case of finding out price insurers will sell it back to you for, and then finding out how much it'd cost you to repair, then doing the sums as to whether it's worth it. What's damaged on the car? Just the bodywork, or are the chasis/wheels/engine fecked too?

Maybe it's a good chance for a new start though. There are plenty of bargain Zeds out there.