theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 16-01-11, 09:01 PM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Another quality post from someone putting the effort into their ZS. Great to see. Glad you're happy.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 12:29 PM   #22
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yes, great write up, hopefully helps other contemplating the change to go and do it.
Old 24-01-11, 06:14 PM   #23
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
A little update

I have recently bought an ITG maxogen and just fitted it last weekend, and what a difference!

low down torque is increased, but tbh the power band is better everywhere actually! And the noise is lovely!

Then on saturday I was ran off the road.

I was minding my own buisness when coming around a long left hand bend, coming towards me on the opposite side were two artics, and as the road began to straighten there is some knob in a celica trying to overtake!
My heart stopped!

I hit the brakes, but the distance was to short, I braced myself for a head on and really thought this might be it, as the road is national speed limit, I was not far off 60, and god only knows how fast the celica was going!

Last minute I swerved over the kerb onto the grass/pavement, the oncoming traffic passed, as the back end came round on me and I came back onto the road sideways then hit the opposite kerb heavily then the car went into undergrowth, just before the car stopped it pitched almost over and I thought it was going to roll, but luckily it came back down on 4 wheels!

NO ONE STOPPED!

I got out the car ran back onto the road to just see the other traffic disappear!

I just cant get over who the hell would TRY to overtake 2 artics on a bloody corner!!!!!

luckily the car and I got away from it rather lightly, Im okay and had no passengers, the car needs to new alloys, 2 tyres and some scratches and marks removed, but luckily everything else is okay.

I was surprised how well everything stood up! a testament to the ZS!

I was searching all weekend for either a set or 2 wheels, but nothing really fitted the bill, until yesterday! I have managed to get hold of a set of BRAND NEW straights!! with centre caps! they are absolutly gorgeus! I almost dont want to put them on the car! lol

Pics soon!

My ZS will rule again!! lmao!
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-11, 06:18 PM   #24
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Epic journey your having with your car pal.

So glad that you walked away from what could've been a fatal. As for the car - also glad that it's come out OK.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-11, 06:37 PM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Just shows, could have left you upside down, what a lot of a*******s.

Glad you walked away from it, but more cost and time to sort out.
Old 25-01-11, 07:33 AM   #26
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I just hope the **** gets caught, won't be the last time he'll do it. Glad you are okay, could have been much worse by the sounds of it.
Old 11-02-11, 08:01 PM   #27
Baz27

Baz27 is on a distinguished road
Great thread Ollie and glad to hear you are OK after the F*****g idiot in the Sillycar incident. I have a BRG 2004 180 and can thoroghly recommend the lightened fly wheel. I want to fit the Bilsteins but I have lowered Xpower springs would they be OK?

I'll keep a look out on the roads of South Glos for you. Mine has a K180 MG reg plate.
Baz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 09:18 AM   #28
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz27 View Post
Great thread Ollie and glad to hear you are OK after the F*****g idiot in the Sillycar incident. I have a BRG 2004 180 and can thoroghly recommend the lightened fly wheel. I want to fit the Bilsteins but I have lowered Xpower springs would they be OK?

I'll keep a look out on the roads of South Glos for you. Mine has a K180 MG reg plate.
Hi Baz

I highly recomend the Bilsteins, with regards the Xpower springs I dont want to comment as I am not 100% sure, it would be best to speak to the guys at Vehicle Handling Solutions on 07791329055 or 07871156137 or there website
vehiclehandlingsolutions.com

They are very helpfull and take a real interest.

With regards your lightened flywheel what make is yours?

I will keep an eye out for you!
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 10:24 AM   #29
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
With regard to Xpower springs and VHS dampers they will work together fine, as I asked Andy about using lowered springs when I bought my dampers.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-11, 10:57 AM   #30
Baz27

Baz27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by olliezs View Post
Hi Baz

I highly recomend the Bilsteins, with regards the Xpower springs I dont want to comment as I am not 100% sure, it would be best to speak to the guys at Vehicle Handling Solutions on 07791329055 or 07871156137 or there website
vehiclehandlingsolutions.com

They are very helpfull and take a real interest.

With regards your lightened flywheel what make is yours?

I will keep an eye out for you!
I'll have to ask my Son (DaveMGT) as he bought it for himself but I needed a clutch before he did.

Thanks for the info Pete16 will look into this soon.