AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 21-03-15, 09:44 PM   #21
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Poor little razor with nothing left in him haha.
Good to see you're progressing with it all though!
The carpet. What have you done with it? Mines leaked in a lot again and I'd like to swap it out again as its a tad damp atm.

Nice work from Gaz there! I'll be getting mine back in the next week or so and I'm hoping the look as good as them!!
Haha, you wont recognise him at POL!

I have the carpet in the shed, I was toying with the idea of putting it in the TD because as you know it's in awesome condition. That said, I'm not sure when I'll get chance at the moment as its quite low on the priority list so was actually going to post it for sale along with the headlining.

I made sure I removed them both carefully and nothing was cut etc.

If you want it, let me know

Yeh, I dealt with a guy called Andy at Gaz, seemed very on the ball. Have you sent yours off already then? What spring rates etc you gone for?
Old 21-03-15, 09:53 PM   #22
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Yeah they're all done. Just need to pay up Monday and they'll be sent back.
The cars getting its belts done and cams fitted this weekend

I just asked for them returned as standard but if they're a bit soft I'll ask what they recommend as I'm not sure what I'll need for road use.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 10:00 PM   #23
ZS Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Yeah they're all done. Just need to pay up Monday and they'll be sent back.
The cars getting its belts done and cams fitted this weekend

I just asked for them returned as standard but if they're a bit soft I'll ask what they recommend as I'm not sure what I'll need for road use.
Standard should be the same as the ones on my TD (400 lb/in front 225 rear). Playing with the damping can have a fairly big influence on how hard they feel.

I paid at 4:30 and they arrived the next morning first thing so either they made a **** up and sent them out before I paid or they use a really good courier!

I bet you cant wait to get the cams in and have piece of mind with the belts. It'll have all the main mods done then!
Old 21-03-15, 10:23 PM   #24
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Must have been a hell of a courier!! Haha
Your TD didn't feel too hard at all tbh.
I can't go too low atm due to the spacers but hopefully with a bit of rolling they'll be fine.
They won't be on for PoL though I don't think as there's a lot needing done.
Mapping is the main one following the cams.
And my splitter is all sprayed up now too and I'm picking that up on Wednesday so it'll need fitted and then a damn good clean, clay, Polish and wax.
If I can get the shocks on then I will but I don't wanna ruin anything before the drive down, but I do have the Friday before it off work so maybe some leeway there.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 10:34 PM   #25
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
nice choice of seat.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 10:36 PM   #26
ZS Phil

Sounds like its all go!

Would you not be tempted to take the spacers off so you can fit the coilovers, see how it looks and then if you think the wheels still aren't filing the arches enough put them back on and then start rolling? Suppose its as broad as it is long really but you saw how low the TD is, it never scrapes and no arches have had a roller anywhere near them... just a thought but I'm sure it will look awesome either way

Unless you are 100% sure the rear fork bolts aren't seized in you would have to be pretty brave to attempt coilover fitment the day before POL as you may end up having to cut the bolts out which will obviously ruin the bolts and possibly the bush (unless you have all the spares lined up beforehand of course but then you might not need them).

Have you found anywhere more local to do the mapping than Reidy yet?

Last edited by ZS Phil; 21-03-15 at 10:39 PM.
ZS Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 10:40 PM   #27
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Phil....how easy were the seats to set up with the mounts etc? I ask as we are tempted to ditch the OE seats.

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 10:40 PM   #28
ZS Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
nice choice of seat.
Cheers They seem pretty good so far.

It's a go ahead for the 29th, are you likely to be there?
Old 21-03-15, 10:45 PM   #29
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Cheers They seem pretty good so far.

It's a go ahead for the 29th, are you likely to be there?
yes, I will be at donington for the 1st race of the civic cup, then straight down to mallory for the race there!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-15, 10:45 PM   #30
ZS Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Phil....how easy were the seats to set up with the mounts etc? I ask as we are tempted to ditch the OE seats.
The rails are just standard, they just un-bolt from your current seats and the custom brackets bolt to the rails in place of the seat.
It's a bit of fiddling and trial and error but relatively straight forward. Took me a day of playing about with different bolt hole combos until I was happy with the position.

I purchased the brackets from Mark S who had them made so he may be able to give you a contact/ supply you some if you ask?

As far as I know, nobody makes an off the shelf bolt in solution.