theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-11-07, 09:01 PM   #1
papa_lazaroo

papa_lazaroo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Run your180 on LPG, and save beer tokens !!!!!!

Well, I collected my Zed on saturday, the company who did the convertion ( need naming and shaming.

they were 5 hours late finishing, despite the fact I rang up 3 days running asking if 11am was still ok. When I got the car back it was very sick. They had shagged the SRS system, they had nocked off a cooing hose an not replaced the coolant, they had knackered the horn some how, I had a check engine light on, abs light on and the charging light was on, also my brand new head unit was displaying "Failure" on the screen (Some would say I am one).

I had to take it to Rovamania in Birmingham to get it all put right.

Yes have LPG, it's brilliant. the savings are amazing, but don't ever go to "Prestige" in Birmingham,the are ****!
when confronted by my comments of"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CAR", they claimed it was like it when I left it. tossers !!!! I hope their wives give em crabs!!
Old 12-11-07, 09:09 PM   #2
sduk

sounds good, we have some of the LPG cars at work. does your ZS start with petrol and then run on the gas?

how does it affect performance?
Old 12-11-07, 09:23 PM   #3
papa_lazaroo

It starts on petrol when cold, but as soon as the engines ecu switches off the simulated choke, the gas cuts in. I had done about 3/4 of a mile this morning, when It switched .

When they set it up, you can either take the standard telemetry, that means you loose about 2-5% performance, or you can do what I opted for, which is to drive around with a laptop in the car for an hour, and it gathers data on your driving styles, then you go back and they set it up for your type of driving. So, if my dad had done it they'd have set it up for economy,him being a dodering old fool, they set up on mine at 130% nominal performance (they can go as high as 145%) so I won't get as much per gallon, but I will get between 98, and 100% perf. I keep switching between gas and petrol, and cannot tell any dfference in oomph. the only noticable difference is on tick over, there is a slight, reallly slight flutter on gas, but we are taking minimal. just a shame the car came back with Faults.

In one way it's helped because I got to see Reg at Rovamania, with his T4 diagnostic on the go, brilliant bit of kit. Appartently, most diagnostics that worked fine on up to 52 plate cars won't run on 03 and beyond 180's and most MG badged cars but is ok for over badged cars
Old 12-11-07, 09:25 PM   #4
sduk

cool, yeah thats the same for the cars at work, do you have a fancy thing for filling up aswell?
Old 12-11-07, 09:34 PM   #5
papa_lazaroo

Well, years ago I had a jag that ran on gas, that had to have an adater screwed in for filling, this now on My Zed, you just unscrew the cap, and the nozzle springs out, quite clever. Shame it's not the same as anywhere else in Europe really.
Old 12-11-07, 10:12 PM   #6
D3monstrate

D3monstrate is on a distinguished road
My dad got his Octavia converted. Was always getting something sorted with the system...
D3monstrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-07, 06:29 AM   #7
papa_lazaroo

I'll probably keep a monthly report going, just to keep anyone interested up to speed on my exploits.