theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-10-07, 01:30 PM   #1
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
could this be the one??

Well guys i keep posting these cars up but could this be the one im looking for??? Black was first choice along wiht blue being very close.

Its got all the 180 extra but its a 120 so i can cope with insurance

Its a little pricey tho as its done 52k -would that put you off??????

I'm off to see it tomorrow....

John

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...00740295901885
john180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 02:16 PM   #2
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Don't be silly........mileage doesn't count for much these days......as long as she has been cared for thats all that matters.

Put it like this........if you only keep her two years........what does it matter if its done 50k or 100k? Not much. If like me you want to keep her forever and ever until she costs too much to keep going.......then maybe you'd be better off buying a low miler......but I see 50k as fairly low to be honest.

Thats a gorgeous car dude........very very very sexy in Black........a pain in the arse to keep clean........but sexy all the same.

Follow your heart dude and you will be happy......throw away your brain........if you use your brain you will end up with a VW Passat......

Good Luck dude

Smitten Jim
Old 05-10-07, 02:20 PM   #3
john180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
Don't be silly........mileage doesn't count for much these days......as long as she has been cared for thats all that matters.

Put it like this........if you only keep her two years........what does it matter if its done 50k or 100k? Not much. If like me you want to keep her forever and ever until she costs too much to keep going.......then maybe you'd be better off buying a low miler......but I see 50k as fairly low to be honest.

Thats a gorgeous car dude........very very very sexy in Black........a pain in the arse to keep clean........but sexy all the same.

Follow your heart dude and you will be happy......throw away your brain........if you use your brain you will end up with a VW Passat......

Good Luck dude

Smitten Jim
Well i see myself keeping a ZS a long time as the only upgrade would either be a V6 ZS or well - i dunno what else lol!

I think if its got full service history and it drives well etc etc i think its a good car. IT has the Climate control AND a sunroof!!!!!

I think if i can get it for nearer 5k its a good buy???

Cheers for the reply matey and yeah dont want a passat NO brain NO!! haha
Old 05-10-07, 02:31 PM   #4
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Well to me it sounds like you should buy it if you like it.

Good idea to try and knock down the price......but if like me you turn up and fall in love with her even before you've driven her then you're kinda not going to worry about a few hundred extra quid

My ZS180 has air con and a sunroof

Smitten Jim
Old 05-10-07, 02:33 PM   #5
john180

Quote:
Well to me it sounds like you should buy it if you like it.

Good idea to try and knock down the price......but if like me you turn up and fall in love with her even before you've driven her then you're kinda not going to worry about a few hundred extra quid

My ZS180 has air con and a sunroof

Smitten Jim
i know thats what im like and the colour i most wanted to!!! I'm in luv i must say!

Thats my other worry - ive never driven a zs so i might be disappionted. Ive only driven a zr.
Old 05-10-07, 02:38 PM   #6
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Can you take a fellow ZS owner along with you so they can have a poke about?

Generally speaking a lot of people say the ZS120 is a better handling car over the ZS180......all you got to remember is that the ZS is a fantastic handling car.......if for whatever reason it doesn't feel that way then its worth looking at more thoroughly.

Get the car checked to see if its been crash damaged online and that costs about £40+ iirc.....also worth doing if you worry about what accidents if any it has been involved in.

Smitten Jim
Old 05-10-07, 02:43 PM   #7
john180

Quote:
Can you take a fellow ZS owner along with you so they can have a poke about?

Generally speaking a lot of people say the ZS120 is a better handling car over the ZS180......all you got to remember is that the ZS is a fantastic handling car.......if for whatever reason it doesn't feel that way then its worth looking at more thoroughly.

Get the car checked to see if its been crash damaged online and that costs about £40+ iirc.....also worth doing if you worry about what accidents if any it has been involved in.

Smitten Jim
I'd luv to but only people i know are on here and i dont really know them. My dad is a mechanic so he knows his stuff and told me roughly what to look for.
I will prob get it checked over online coz i can get that done thru my dad too where he works with one of the sales guys.
Old 05-10-07, 02:44 PM   #8
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by john120 View Post
Thats my other worry - ive never driven a zs so i might be disappionted. Ive only driven a zr.
At first maybe, but when you get the feel of it, it can do all the ZR can (if not a lot more).

Now that i've got the feel of my car i push it harder than i ever dared with the ZR and it's not scared me once (yet).

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 02:46 PM   #9
john180

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
At first maybe, but when you get the feel of it, it can do all the ZR can (if not a lot more).

Now that i've got the feel of my car i push it harder than i ever dared with the ZR and it's not scared me once (yet).
ooooh! that sounds promising then, the zr did feel abit tinny if pushed too far lol. I imagined the zs to have bit more "quality" feel to it...
Old 05-10-07, 05:42 PM   #10
michaelb

michaelb is on a distinguished road
go for it m8.

i've just bought a 120 hatch with all the 180 kit fitted, climate and leather/alcantara interior......and i've not been disapointed so far.

i wanted a mk2 180 but couldn't find one at the right price so i compromised with the 120. it's a good thing too as i'm changing my job which means more miles......the 120 is quite good on fuel.

you may struggle to get him down on price as any mk2 ZS that i've seen aren't staying on the forecourt for long especially the highly specced ones.

you won't be disapointed in comparison with the ZR.....good as it is the ZS is a far far superior car. better built, rides better and handles better.

black is the best colour too!!!
michaelb is offline   Reply With Quote