theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-10-07, 05:50 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
All looks good except for the miles on it. Now, if that doesn't bother you and you intend to keep it a number of years, then that may work in your favour. Others may baulk at the mileage and not progress any further. Does the price reflect this? Is it a price you are willing to pay for that car? The choice is purely yours and yours alone, we can't tell you what to do. Out of interest, what warranty has been offered? It needs to be good if the garage has any faith in what it is offering the consumer.

Something tells me you already want the ZS and may well meet the asking price, but make sure you haggle things in, 12 months tax, a full service, free MOT when it is due, full tank of fuel, mats!
Old 06-10-07, 05:19 PM   #12
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
rite guys!! more help and opinions please!

I turned up today and the guy gave me the keys. I said this is the 1.8 and he said no its a 2.0ltr. I said so its a derv, he said no its a petrol. Apparently it was a german speced car and was imported over here. I said it cant be so he hpi'ed it while i was there and that said it was 1976cc I have included a pic of the HPI.

I rang the insrance and they cudnt find the car in their database even when i gave them the reg number so i had to ask the guy to fax the log book over to my insurer so they could do a quote but it would be tomorrow before they could help me. It did say 1976cc on the log book too.

Is this true that you could get a 2ltr petrol in germany and have it imported? The steering wheel is on the right by the way. If so it seems to be a very rare car.

A rear bumper bracket has cracked so it appears lose at the back at one side - would this be fixable or a new bumper???

One of the side skirts has also slightly come away but seems tight - are they just a crap fit???

also i pulled the petrol thing in the car and the smal petrol door wudnt open....

ANy comments guys????

HPI Below

john180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-07, 05:28 PM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I would do some more homework on that, not heard of a 2 litre version in the ZS. The only 2 litre engines I have known of have been the KV6 ones as used in some 45's and 75's.

Insurance will be the sticking here. It must be a 1.8 and possibly a typo.
Old 06-10-07, 05:30 PM   #14
john180

there was a sticker on the door pillar that said 1.8 K and if you look at the engine number it also says 18K at the beginning - how could this be changed on the log book?

also can i find out if that engine is in fact a 1.8 from any where???
Old 06-10-07, 05:33 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

The engine number on the logbook will tell you what this is, also double check this with the one fitted. I'll root around for the info, it's on here somewhere!
Old 06-10-07, 05:34 PM   #16
michaelb

michaelb is on a distinguished road
maybe a typing error as the 120 is 1796 and the log book on that one says 1976....the 7 and 9 are the wrong way about.

can't be a 2.0l petrol as rover didn't have one apart from the derv....unless it was a 2.0 kv6.....which was never fitted to the ZS.
michaelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-07, 05:36 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelb View Post
maybe a typing error as the 120 is 1796 and the log book on that one says 1976....the 7 and 9 are the wrong way about.

can't be a 2.0l petrol as rover didn't have one apart from the derv....unless it was a 2.0 kv6.....which was never fitted to the ZS.
I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there................just need the garage and the DVLA to tie this up.
Old 06-10-07, 05:37 PM   #18
john180

the engine did look like a standard k series. can the numbers be changed to be correct?
Old 06-10-07, 05:41 PM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

Like I said, the DVLA and the garage need to tie this up.
Old 06-10-07, 05:43 PM   #20
john180

ok cool, its just getting them to believe me then. i wonder if this german bull crap has been made up....

I wonder why the date of registration id in 2007???