theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-05-08, 09:26 PM   #21
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
I had to follow 2 tractors and a combine this morning... and 180Ps and V6 come in handy.

Then there were some of those people who deliberately try and jump the queue and force in... not with me they didn't.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-08, 01:04 PM   #22
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Some inconsiderate tw*t nearly hit us head on last night as he came round a blind bend half on our side of the road. Luckily my wife was close to the nearside otherwise we'd have hit, also my wife had no time to react so didn't swerve and put us in to the trees. What the hell is wrong with people? If we had hit by wife would have taken the main brunt of the impact as she was driving, we were doing about 40mph he must have been doing about 50 - 55. With a closing speed of around 90mph I would have fancied our chances.
Old 19-05-08, 01:13 PM   #23
mrt_04

mrt_04 is on a distinguished road
Totally ridiculous driving Andy, but glad to hear you guys are ok. There are some w*nk**s driving.
I was driving home from work last night, on A22 through Nutley 30mph limit, some *wa* in a chavved up Ford Esort 1.nothing tried to overtake me on blind corner in a very nice village with a 30mph limit. He didnt, as along came a family towing the usual bloody caravan, but could have been carnage.

I must admit, I have in the past reported to police **** & dangerous drivers via the non-emergency number, but I have never had any feedback
mrt_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-08, 01:21 PM   #24
Andyf

People never cease to amaze me, it's always the innocent people involved who get hurt, the scum that cause it walk away. They are like cockroaches, they will survive anything.
If you call in a careless driving incident then unless they get another person call in as well they just put out observations for the vehicle and leave it at that.
Old 19-05-08, 01:24 PM   #25
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Yeah (Andy), the number of idiots that i have seen passing on blind bends and crests is absolutely ludicrious.

TBH in a 'teach them a lesson' kind of way i kind of hope they meet a '40 Tonner' coming the opposite way and they almost have a 'heart attack'!

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-08, 02:15 PM   #26
Andyf

That's what I thought, or one of those massive mobile crane things!
Old 19-05-08, 07:02 PM   #27
mrt_04

mrt_04 is on a distinguished road
Running late tonight for work & ended up following a cabbie doing 10mph through the tunnels into LHR...........Ahhhhhhhhhh, any other day would have been fine, but switched alarm clock off during this afternoon's siesta!!!!!
mrt_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:10 AM   #28
SharronB

SharronB is on a distinguished road
On the way to Carlisle last month we came across a 3 car pile-up, 2 of the cars were on fire and the 3rd was unrecognisable.
Turns out a 22y old lad had been drink driving. He died in the fireball , 2 others escaped from the other burning car and a family of 4 were wiped out in the badly smashed up car.

That total waste of life! all because he had been on the lash all afternoon and he was off to see his girlfriend. B*****d !
SharronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:19 AM   #29
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
B******s!!!

some people just dont think about others on the road, im sure they think its just themselves driving.

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:27 AM   #30
philbrownmgzs04

philbrownmgzs04 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_04 View Post
Running late tonight for work & ended up following a cabbie doing 10mph through the tunnels into LHR...........Ahhhhhhhhhh, any other day would have been fine, but switched alarm clock off during this afternoon's siesta!!!!!
Cabbie doing 10mph that's a novelty. Here in 'uddersfield taxi drivers have a different set of driving laws to the rest of us. ie drive at all times 20mph above speed limit, overtaking on blind bends compulsory, don't slow down for roundabouts, park on double yellow lines etc etc. Funny local plod never see much of this.

"KEEPING THE FAITH"
philbrownmgzs04 is offline   Reply With Quote