theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 29-03-18, 07:56 PM   #371
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Thought it might interest you ....

I'm a bit shy of 2 yrs away from a garage and the time to invest I'm afraid ....
I have just bought a house with a den plus i have the workshop. I dont remember to much about that car other than is what the half pint version in comparison with a proper shell. However i suppose it will need to much work for me but what a toy to have
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-18, 01:58 AM   #372
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I'm really struggling to find the last few bits to get it moving on it's own.

Fuel system has been causing me a bit of a night mare as per the last few posts - but I think I know what I need now.

Lower engine mount was causing me another head ache but I've recently tracked down a drawing of the brackets that I need to make it work, I just need to find the right donor car in a scrap yard to pinch them off.

Other than a few bits of modification to the exhaust to suit the new V band turbo it should be ready to run once the map is downloaded. I have the map, just need to find someone with the right cables to get it into the DTA ECU and then set up the DTA dashboard. I managed to get that half set up, but since them my 15 year old lap top that I was using for all that has packed in

The brakes are working after a huge hassle that most of you know about at the cost of £6k! If nothing else that was the beginning of the end.

Wiring is all in and working, fuel pump runs, custom made AVO suspension is all in with the Skunk 2 lower arms and rear camber adjusters. Still needs front adjustable top mounts and I'm convinced the shocks have too much travel on them, but only a track would confirm that.

Body wise it needs a bit. After sitting outside for so long while the hub debacle raged on the sills filled up with water, so need cut out and re-done. Shouldn't be hard as it's just a big steel box. The front wide arch has cracked again in the same place it did before. I always planned on making fibreglass wings for it as I can see this being a fairly regular issue.

Sheddest clutch kit is half fitted so just needs finishing off and bled through

Power steering pipe work went missing while it was getting work done somewhere, no idea how much of it will be off the shelf or even if it can still be bought as it's a mix of 220 turbo and ZS180.

Realistically I budgeted another £2k to get it up and running with the stuff that needs doing that I can't do, £5k to get it perfect and exactly how I want it.

The plan was always to get it back to my house to work on when I had the time... but I underestimated the amount of junk that would end up in half of the double garage after loosing the loft space above it that the previous house had. The Subaru fills the other half and there's no way that is sitting outside. I did hope to do a swap around over the winter and stick the Subaru into EX259's storage space, but as I don't have space for a trailer at the new house I had to sell that too. That means either hiring one or constantly having to borrow one from mates... neither are ideal

I did start adding up all the receipts when I half put it up for sale last time... stopped when I got to £20k over and above the original purchase cost. It's ridiculous what was spent on it in the early days

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"

Last edited by Maxxed_Ross; 30-03-18 at 02:06 AM.
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-18, 07:39 PM   #373
Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 01-04-18, 07:14 PM   #374
Street Elite

Street Elite is on a distinguished road
Doesn't look too far away?!

Drew
Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 04:01 AM   #375
Maxxed_Ross

In the grand scheme of things it's not really

Having zero budget and no where to work on it without paying for it is the biggest problem

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 07-04-18, 07:24 AM   #376
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
In the grand scheme of things it's not really

Having zero budget and no where to work on it without paying for it is the biggest problem
Unfortunately you know that you will never make back the monies you have poured into it we never do

how about advertising for free storage? you never know a petrol head around you would be happy to have it sitting there?

if you were happy to get it transported down to Birmingham i would put it in our unit till you were ready to do something with it.

cheers
P.
Old 07-04-18, 10:18 AM   #377
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good offer

Old 07-04-18, 10:24 AM   #378
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
Unfortunately you know that you will never make back the monies you have poured into it we never do

how about advertising for free storage? you never know a petrol head around you would be happy to have it sitting there?

if you were happy to get it transported down to Birmingham i would put it in our unit till you were ready to do something with it.

cheers
P.
To be fair i would have offered the same, but as im Winchester way its even further

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 12:21 PM   #379
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Guy on rover tech offering long term storage for £12 a week in Manchester if that’s any closer and any affordable for you
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 09:31 PM   #380
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
These guys may be able to help you out.
http://www.wigtonmc.co.uk/
Based in Cumbria and the Borders.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk