theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-03-11, 08:31 AM   #11
chrismyatt82

chrismyatt82 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I will keep this as standard and just enjoy it lol... I will do my usual spark plugs and filter changes that I do when I get a new car

Will just wait to get an RS2000 when the time is right

I saw about the 2.3 Galaxy engine too, be interesting to see what performance difference it kicks out

Only problem I have on the GTi is the speedo jumps around a little, but I am hopoing that just the cable that loose or needs replacing
chrismyatt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 08:48 AM   #12
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Ah, the plugs and filters are easy on these, loads of access. Dont have to remove half the engine bay UNLIKE CERTAIN CARS!
Ive just been googling about the 2.3 I4, looks to give less bhp than than the rs2k but I know some people have used - must be easier to tune or give higher torque, I suppose.
The speedo jumping around is likely the speedo cable, another one of those common faults, like the rusty rear arches or the indicator stalk self cancelling and full beam cancelling, and chewing through the front wishbones (especially on lowered cars). IMO Fords are no better built than Rovers, its just the one main issue Rover K-series engines had happened to be a rather major one.

The GTI is likely to be tourmallard green, though, rather than mallard green (or even tourmalline) - its a later colour and slightly darker, but still by far the best colour you can get them in. It comes up really nice after a good clean and changes between near black to a dark shiny green dependent on ambient light levels that day.
Give me a shout if you need any bits, I'll see if Ive got any.
Old 15-03-11, 11:44 AM   #13
chrismyatt82

chrismyatt82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Ah, the plugs and filters are easy on these, loads of access. Dont have to remove half the engine bay UNLIKE CERTAIN CARS!
Ive just been googling about the 2.3 I4, looks to give less bhp than than the rs2k but I know some people have used - must be easier to tune or give higher torque, I suppose.
The speedo jumping around is likely the speedo cable, another one of those common faults, like the rusty rear arches or the indicator stalk self cancelling and full beam cancelling, and chewing through the front wishbones (especially on lowered cars). IMO Fords are no better built than Rovers, its just the one main issue Rover K-series engines had happened to be a rather major one.

The GTI is likely to be tourmallard green, though, rather than mallard green (or even tourmalline) - its a later colour and slightly darker, but still by far the best colour you can get them in. It comes up really nice after a good clean and changes between near black to a dark shiny green dependent on ambient light levels that day.
Give me a shout if you need any bits, I'll see if Ive got any.
Caled, you were bang on mate... Got it checked with Ford and the colour is Tourmallard Green

Really enjoying the car... has alot of power for only 115bhp, still miss the V6 ZS though lol
chrismyatt82 is offline   Reply With Quote