theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-12-09, 11:53 PM   #1
kendoskeg

kendoskeg is on a distinguished road
Car check please

Hi all, been looking into getting a facelift ZS180 and came across this one on Autotrader.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...%2F5&logcode=p

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever come across it before?

2 owners and only 12000 miles raises one or two questions, and Ive also been told by a .org member that the rear bumper spats are for some reason missing?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers guys.
kendoskeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-09, 12:04 AM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Not seen that about before fella. Mileage could well be genuinue a good check over should indicate if it's been 'clocked as everything should show no or very very little signs of wear!!
The bumper may have been replaced after a knock but also as it is a later reg there is the possibility it came from the factory like that as these spats are hard to get hold of unless there is a zed being broken.

Bare in mind that being registered when that one was it could be liable for the extortionate tax the now
Old 30-12-09, 12:07 AM   #3
kendoskeg

Thanks mate.

Was just looking a little more over the pictures and the front bumper also seems to be slightly off where it joins with the wings! It might just be my eyes seeing things that aren't there but Im just thinking its a bit too good to be true!

But with what you are saying about Tax I take it I would be paying a hell of a lot?
Old 30-12-09, 12:13 AM   #4
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendoskeg View Post
Thanks mate.

Was just looking a little more over the pictures and the front bumper also seems to be slightly off where it joins with the wings! It might just be my eyes seeing things that aren't there but Im just thinking its a bit too good to be true!

But with what you are saying about Tax I take it I would be paying a hell of a lot?
Thats probably just the fit of the bpdykit, mine doesnt match up perfect but when i have taken aff bumper whoever fitted the kit didn't follow the guide holes well enough and it's quite a common 'feature' lol.

I cannot remember off the top of my head but after a set date 180's get the heavier tax charge - £415 approx per year as opposed to the £215 i pay for a year on my june 04 plate
Old 30-12-09, 12:22 AM   #5
kendoskeg

I see mate, I did do a quick look on the .gov website re tax and it came as £115 for 6 months, only had a quick look though so may have got it wrong! Will look again tomorrow.

Are there any places I can get a free HPI check?
Old 30-12-09, 12:27 AM   #6
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendoskeg View Post
I see mate, I did do a quick look on the .gov website re tax and it came as £115 for 6 months, only had a quick look though so may have got it wrong! Will look again tomorrow.

Are there any places I can get a free HPI check?
Honestly no sure, think RAC do em for a couple of quid now?!?!
Old 30-12-09, 06:03 AM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Ask him to fill the fuel tank as part of the deal.
I think this will be in the lower tax band, it's 06 that are in the higher one.
Old 30-12-09, 06:28 AM   #8
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
If it was registered before March 06 it will fall into the lower tax bracket.
The rear bumper looks like a R45 one, it has no cutout for the exhaust, and the lower edge should be unpainted, otherwise it looks ok.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-09, 08:20 AM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Ask him to fill the fuel tank as part of the deal.
I think this will be in the lower tax band, it's 06 that are in the higher one.
+1 March 06 onwards I believe.

Just seen your thread on .org

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-09, 08:41 AM   #10
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
a quick way to see if its had a rear bumper and it dosnt always work. but look at the number plates.

often bodyshops replace just the back, and the front will have a different garage on it... used to work when i sold cars, people would want to px a car, and the back number plate had a bodyshop logo on... no getting out of that one
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote