theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-02-09, 05:26 PM   #1
jp kelly

jp kelly is on a distinguished road
Car keys stolen - help

ok so i drive a class 2 hgv with a crane on the back. went to a drop and went to the crane to unload the goods. in the 1 minute i was on the crane, abt 30 seconds looking away from the front, some cheeky f*** stole my work phone and my bag out of the cab and ran away without me knowing about it.
my bag had my house and car keys inside also with a letter i just got off work with my address on it, ive rang the police but they said nowt they can do so im screwed.
im going to have to change my house locks, ive moved my car to another address until its sorted, but what do i need to do about my car?????? new locks,immobiliser, ecu, cheers for any help??????????

xbox 360 live gamertag JP KELLY no whoppers please
jp kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 05:32 PM   #2
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
At the least you should get a new fob programmed - this should remove the stolen fob from the ones that will start your car. Speak to your insurer as they will probably cover the cost of doing this. They may also insist on replacement of the locks.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 05:44 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp kelly View Post
ok so i drive a class 2 hgv with a crane on the back. went to a drop and went to the crane to unload the goods. in the 1 minute i was on the crane, abt 30 seconds looking away from the front, some cheeky f*** stole my work phone and my bag out of the cab and ran away without me knowing about it.
my bag had my house and car keys inside also with a letter i just got off work with my address on it, ive rang the police but they said nowt they can do so im screwed.
im going to have to change my house locks, ive moved my car to another address until its sorted, but what do i need to do about my car?????? new locks,immobiliser, ecu, cheers for any help??????????

House locks are a must. Chances are it was just an opportunist thief and the keys etc are of no use. The phone'll be getting used for calls abroad and then go up at a boot sale.

Ofcourse there is the possibility that it ends up in the hands of an identity thief who obtains loads of credit and goods in your name.

Ensure that the police give you a crime reference number which you can quote to the insurance co.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 05:55 PM   #4
jp kelly

the phone was just a works one and blocked within minutes of this happening, what if my insurance dont cover it and then use it as a claim and i loose my no claims, can that happen

Old 26-02-09, 06:02 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp kelly View Post
the phone was just a works one and blocked within minutes of this happening, what if my insurance dont cover it and then use it as a claim and i loose my no claims, can that happen

Seriously !!!! House insurance. It's got nowt to do with your car.

Edit oops .... You were in a works car ???? Then it'd be down as a theft from motor vehicle on your company policy.
Old 26-02-09, 06:12 PM   #6
jp kelly

what????????????? what i mean is, if i ring my car insurance and say my keys were stolen, and they then say we cant cover you for that without using it as a claim, wont i loose my no claims the???????????????

Old 26-02-09, 06:18 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Sorry mate .... If you were in a work vehicle, like I don't know ... You're a delivery driver or something similar, then you claim for a theft from motor vehicle under your works insurance policy, not on your own one.
Old 26-02-09, 06:21 PM   #8
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Its was the keys for his zs! sorry to hear this mate. Its the hassle more than anything pain in the behind

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 06:25 PM   #9
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
This is an awkward one...surely as you were in the works vehicle it's down to the company insurance so shouldn't they cover your losses which would be a lock change to house and car? But I can see your point of informing your own car insurance in case anything happens to it while its being sorted but you know what insurance companys are like, they will flag it as a potential claim which, if it isn't sorted by renewal time, will probably affect your premium.

Wherever you've moved the car to I'd take the steering wheel off and take off a few ht leads....

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 06:28 PM   #10
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post

Wherever you've moved the car to I'd take the steering wheel off and take off a few ht leads....

Remove the relay for the ignition, i used to do it with my zr.

Hope you get it sorted mate

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote