theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-02-09, 06:34 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That really sucks mate, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it sorted and not out of pocket. I can't see why you should not be covered by the works policy.
Old 26-02-09, 06:34 PM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Its was the keys for his zs! sorry to hear this mate. Its the hassle more than anything pain in the behind

Yeah .... I know , but he was in another car when they got stolen .... Never mind. Hey ... Bad news, loads of grief, but hope you get it sorted.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 06:47 PM   #13
jp kelly

jp kelly is on a distinguished road
i wasn't in a car, it was my works wagon, anyone work at insurance and know what to do? do i try claim of my works without mine knowing or what, cheers?

xbox 360 live gamertag JP KELLY no whoppers please
jp kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 06:52 PM   #14
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp kelly View Post
i wasn't in a car, it was my works wagon, anyone work at insurance and know what to do? do i try claim of my works without mine knowing or what, cheers?
thats what i would be doing, i can't see a need to inform your insurance if your claiming via your works policy, the only grey area is if something happens to it in the meantime...

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 07:39 PM   #15
jp kelly

just had my house locks changed, the car is in a safe place where it cant be touched, and it wont be drove until the locks etc are changed anyway

Old 26-02-09, 08:40 PM   #16
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Question is did you lock the company vehicle? if you did then the company is liable ie you can claim from there insurance for your loss, but if you didnt lock the vehicle then YOU are liable for all losses including your own personal affects as well as your companies property, so I would therefore contact your own insurance and lodge a claim, I'm not an insurance expert but if you read your own insurance documents, you will discover the part about theft from your vehicle, just apply that part to your companies point of view.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 08:47 PM   #17
jp kelly

i cant lock the door whilst im on the crane, the wagon needs to be running with the p.t.o on to run the hydraulics of the crane

Old 26-02-09, 08:56 PM   #18
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Does the vehicle have any secure cabinets to store stuff?

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 09:00 PM   #19
shroonie29

shroonie29 is on a distinguished road
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-45-400-M...3A1|240%3A1318 lock set

Shroon

"In the MG ZS, the relationship between car and driver borders on the intimate"
"The surprise is that the MG ZS feels right straight away and stays accurate and poised"
shroonie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-09, 06:13 AM   #20
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp kelly View Post
i cant lock the door whilst im on the crane, the wagon needs to be running with the p.t.o on to run the hydraulics of the crane
It is a big proplem on any vehicle with a P.T.O (power take off) for hydraulics to run cranes etc.

On our older trucks one can lcok the drivers door wite the engine running but the newer crane trucks have remote locking etc so will not lock if the ignition is on.

Personally I don't carry a work bag so keep my keys and phone in my pocket but that isn't always possible.

As one has to leave the vehicle unsecured while opperating the crane I would give the problem to your company, rather than asking your boss I would go directly to your HR department, as long as you have taken resonable care they should be able to cover it on the company insurance, they may even do it anyway.

Which company do you work for.

Finally if you have house insurance the policy may cover you for loss of keys, again your HR department will be useful as they should be able to give you a letter on headed paper confirming that it is not possible to lock the truck while operating the crane.

Good luck, let us know how it pans out.