theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-01-09, 08:33 PM   #1
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink ZSTD economy mode

I bought the TD for economy 52 mpg, after a few tweaks goes a bit quicker but just checked the mpg and getting ----- 34.4.

Still I'm happy as it now goes like it looks.

I must admit that I,ve turned down one of the gismoes, so will check mileage next time I fill up.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-09, 08:45 PM   #2
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
peter that is low. the zt boys who run the rover ron you have on there often report they are getting more mpg than standard.

is the car smokey on boot. turning it down should improve things

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-09, 08:47 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Hope so
Old 27-01-09, 09:12 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I can see you getting a 180 Pete, I really do!
Old 27-01-09, 09:18 PM   #5
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Was gonna say.

Pete stop fannying around and get yourself a bloody 180. Least you won't get laughed at when it comes to sound tests
Old 27-01-09, 09:41 PM   #6
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
muchos respect to the diesel, love it when you cover them in soot, i used to in my " tweaked" 306 d turbo 115 bhp! ha ha ha
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-09, 09:42 AM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Wink

Wait till Santa Pod (along as its not raining on the day) I've got Chris's ST in my sights.
Looking at the site you dont need a helmet unless its an open top, or you go over the finish line at more than 110 mph, dont know how you know that if its your first run though.

Also waiting for the rolling road Dan was arranging in Essex, to see what the bhp is now.

I have been looking at the 180 and its very tempting, getting mpg about the same. Must admit it was up and down the M3 and then the Forest meet, and it was going a lot quicker, He He,
Old 28-01-09, 10:16 AM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I am intreged by the adjustable gizmo, as i was not aware of any that worked on the ZS...

The only reason your economy is suffering is because you are using your new found torque

according to my scangauge with the injectors i have i can get it to read 2MPL, or about 9MPG with full throttle used - but if i am sensible and keep the revs below 3K and use part throttle it still returns 45 at 70+10%.

atm it is returning 0mpg as it is in bits at rally matts - dam these suppliers, i want my car back, and when i do it might just be a 180... but a diesel
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-09, 12:21 PM   #9
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I am intreged by the adjustable gizmo, as i was not aware of any that worked on the ZS... ////This is the Rover Ron MAF thingy with the adjustable knob on the top, instructions say turn it down to the lowest setting but I went about 75% being greedy for speed. Our Workshop manager brought in some gauges to increase the boost +2 psi (or whatever) as +3 made it knock. He then set the MAF thing to about 33% as he said it was overfuelling.

The only reason your economy is suffering is because you are using your new found torque /// Yes if its there use it I reckon.

according to my scangauge with the injectors i have i can get it to read 2MPL, or about 9MPG with full throttle used - but if i am sensible and keep the revs below 3K and use part throttle it still returns 45 at 70+10%. /// My need for speed is purely for Track Day or hopefully Santa Pod RW;YB Sunday, but I can see why the fuel consumption is now like it was!!

atm it is returning 0mpg as it is in bits at rally matts - dam these suppliers, i want my car back, and when i do it might just be a 180... but a diesel
/// Im sure its in good hands and you will have to let me know if your taking it out on any of the Track Days. Would be fun to see how much more I need to do to my one. Or as I'm advised just buy a 180.
Old 28-01-09, 12:29 PM   #10
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Just buy a bloody 180