theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-05-11, 07:36 PM   #1
leezs110

leezs110 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Which MG Club is best?

I was wondering which MG Club is best, hoping some of you on here may have some views on this!

The two Clubs that i`m aware of is The MG Car Club & MG Owners Club!

Over to you peeps!
leezs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 08:57 PM   #2
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
themgzs of course
Old 07-05-11, 09:40 PM   #3
leezs110

Thumbs up

Why did`nt i think of that!
Old 08-05-11, 08:22 AM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I'm a member of the MGCC, and when I had my MGB GT went to a few pub natters, as they call them. Found it all a bit clicky and didn't bother going to any more. (was a bit rusty, rolling restoration, I called it. Not a nice shiny restored one, that was beyond my means)

They are trying to get new blood, as most of the members are like me, old enough to drive the first Midgets when they came out. Also it does seem centered more on the "proper MG's, TA, TB, TC, SVV, Y types etc.

MGOC, to me always seemed a friendlier bunch, but that's only by reading their mag, now and again.

MGCC has quite a good site, has the events etc, might be worth have a whizz round it and the MGOC one as well.

We did have a meet where we had a number of different forums attend and MGCC lot were there, did nothing to change my mind. I know its difficult to show up first time at any meet but you do know when people make the effort to talk and take an interest if its your first time.

Like every thing you get out what you put in, so its always worth giving one of the clubs a try, The organisers have a lot of influence on how the meets/natters work and would hate my experience put you off.

I'm still a member as I pay the subscription by standing order and too lazy to cancel it.

If you want to have a look at the May, MGCC mag, PM your address and I'll send you one.

Old 08-05-11, 06:32 PM   #5
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
I was a member of the MGOC for a year when I got my MG, but found it of almost no interest to me at all. It is mostly focused on the classics. I would say the content on this forum is worth more than the MGOC- and it's free. Friendly guys but I never gained anything from it.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 06:49 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Think the MGCC are trying, they do have a ZR, ZS and ZT section, and they do now attend some of the functions like the Pride of Longbridge.

Also do MG's on Track.
Old 08-05-11, 07:44 PM   #7
leezs110

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I'm a member of the MGCC, and when I had my MGB GT went to a few pub natters, as they call them. Found it all a bit clicky and didn't bother going to any more. (was a bit rusty, rolling restoration, I called it. Not a nice shiny restored one, that was beyond my means)

They are trying to get new blood, as most of the members are like me, old enough to drive the first Midgets when they came out. Also it does seem centered more on the "proper MG's, TA, TB, TC, SVV, Y types etc.

MGOC, to me always seemed a friendlier bunch, but that's only by reading their mag, now and again.

MGCC has quite a good site, has the events etc, might be worth have a whizz round it and the MGOC one as well.

We did have a meet where we had a number of different forums attend and MGCC lot were there, did nothing to change my mind. I know its difficult to show up first time at any meet but you do know when people make the effort to talk and take an interest if its your first time.

Like every thing you get out what you put in, so its always worth giving one of the clubs a try, The organisers have a lot of influence on how the meets/natters work and would hate my experience put you off.

I'm still a member as I pay the subscription by standing order and too lazy to cancel it.

If you want to have a look at the May, MGCC mag, PM your address and I'll send you one.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Peter, I would`nt mind having a butchers at the May edition of MGCC mag, i`ll pm you my address!

Cheers, Lee
Old 09-05-11, 09:15 AM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

On its way, Lee.

Old 09-05-11, 02:08 PM   #9
col180

col180 will become famous soon enough
Am a member of the MGCC if only for the discount on MGs on track! MGs on track is really well run, get to drive some great circuits and alot cheaper than the all comers trackdays.
col180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 05:44 PM   #10
leezs110

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
On its way, Lee.

Thanks peter, i appreciate that!