theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-03-11, 05:13 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
The collection grows ....

Decat's in the shed awaiting fitting
SDi injectors are awaiting collection at the post office
Private plate is in the shed awaiting the docs to come through and will get fitted 1st of April on my new insurance policy

Still to get/do -
Panel filter
Remap

Considering -
Removing the mudflaps
Alcantara interior
Black viper stripes
Paint the front centre part of the spoiler Black
Wheels - Black, either a refurb and new tyres (cost circa ?500) or sell the 11 spokes and get an aftermarket wheel and tyre package (cost ?600ish minus what I'd get for the 11 spokes).

I'll get slated for saying it - and rightly too with my track record - but you know how you look for ages for the right car - I think I've found it you know. I'm getting 500+ on a tank and decent enough in gear performance in standard trim as it is currently. With the mods above done I reckon it'll do just nicely thank you very much.

And my new favourite pic .....

Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-11, 05:24 PM   #2
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Decat's in the shed awaiting fitting
SDi injectors are awaiting collection at the post office
Private plate is in the shed awaiting the docs to come through and will get fitted 1st of April on my new insurance policy

Still to get/do -
Panel filter
Remap

Considering -
Removing the mudflaps
Alcantara interior
Black viper stripes
Paint the front centre part of the spoiler Black
Wheels - Black, either a refurb and new tyres (cost circa ?500) or sell the 11 spokes and get an aftermarket wheel and tyre package (cost ?600ish minus what I'd get for the 11 spokes).

I'll get slated for saying it - and rightly too with my track record - but you know how you look for ages for the right car - I think I've found it you know. I'm getting 500+ on a tank and decent enough in gear performance in standard trim as it is currently. With the mods above done I reckon it'll do just nicely thank you very much.

And my new favourite pic .....

Its parked next to a Mini lol!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-11, 06:25 PM   #3
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
forget the pannel filter, get a cotton green K4.80, you'll get much better airflow, this will make better use of the injectors, and you'll get a beautiful whoossshhhhhh noise as it suck up rabbits, cats & small children :P.

ps: if you do remove your mud flaps, let me know as i'd like a set..... the roads up in northumberland are filthy!

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-11, 06:38 PM   #4
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
I reckon you might regret getting rid of the mudflaps,I didn't have any for a month and the car was not looking so nice getting dirty isnt to bad but stone chips i do care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-11, 06:43 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I've got a black thing going on in my mind though and they are light blue with white. I know I could overwrite the white in black - - but to be honest the spats have already got chipped ... and I'm not sure on the look of them to be honest.

But ... they are only under consideration and while the car looks as it does now, they're staying put.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-11, 07:29 AM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Glad the car is making an impression Dan, that is saying something! It looks the part and delivers what we all crave, cheap motoring!
Old 17-03-11, 07:56 AM   #7
jamesc777

jamesc777 is on a distinguished road
looking good, sounds like a some good ideas in there. id keep the mud flaps personally with the condition of our roads and the stuff that comes off them. been cheakiy but what interior do u have at the moment asi could be interested

jamesc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-11, 08:53 AM   #8
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Viper stripes!!!!!! Are you insane??????????
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-11, 12:19 PM   #9
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by archermav View Post
Viper stripes!!!!!! Are you insane??????????
I had a friend at Uni, he was and still is a liverpudlian and had a 1.4 Mk3 astra 5 door in red, Black Viper Stripes and TSW Venoms..... He later went on to star in "Big Brother" says it all really ! lol

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-11, 09:11 AM   #10
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
There was a silver MK2 diesel with spoiler, 180 kit and iirc blue axis interior for sale when I got my 120. I wish i'd got a diesel now so wouldn't worry about HGF all the time. Having said that I love the sound of my 120 with the Janspeed exhaust!