theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-05-11, 12:22 PM   #21
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Kev, I'm pretty sure you'll find the front inertia seatbelt assemblies are an electrical pre-tensioner type. The reel mechanism has a lock down feature built in as part of the safety circuit. I had to put a resistor in-place to stop the airbag light from coming on when I switched to harnesses.
Nah Mick, the ZS doesn't have pre-tensioners, just mechanical lock down rachet.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 02:13 PM   #22
F3NMG

F3NMG is on a distinguished road
Having owned a VVC coupe for 10 years, i can tell you the power given by V6 engine is so much more satisfying. It's instant, smooth and and you don't find yourself having to rev the nuts off it to appreciate it.
I bought my mk2 180 2 months ago and love it, as does everyone who see's it. It a four door for me all day long tho.
F3NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 05:17 PM   #23
chris106

chris106 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Don't let that put you off. VIS units can be repaired, plenums are a lottery. In six years I have changed mine once and repaired the VIS units. Catch tanks can be bought quite cheaply off ebay. Remember if converting to VVC it'll probably cost you more to buy the parts and insure than buying a standard 180.
Cool cheers for clearing that...
And defo sounds like a 180 for me then what was the indicator light you mentioned installing? Read it in another thread
chris106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 05:19 PM   #24
chris106

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3NMG View Post
Having owned a VVC coupe for 10 years, i can tell you the power given by V6 engine is so much more satisfying. It's instant, smooth and and you don't find yourself having to rev the nuts off it to appreciate it.
I bought my mk2 180 2 months ago and love it, as does everyone who see's it. It a four door for me all day long tho.
Sounds sweet can't wait 2 get 1. Yours a saloon or hatch ?
Old 04-05-11, 09:56 PM   #25
chris106

anyone know if this was anyone's from the forum?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-54-MG-ZS-...ht_1467wt_1139
and is it a good price or abit on the expensive side
Old 04-05-11, 10:19 PM   #26
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Seems familiar that does. Few nice touches on it, duplex zorst, induction looks to be ITG!??!, Xpower knob, Black Oak/Painted dash, Rover 45 vents. Wheels are ok but prefer oe 11 spokes, coolant may be wrong spec but nice mileage though it should still have had it's belts changed as it is past 6 years old Personally i would be happy to pay that price after having a good poke around it and finding it sounds, though drivers seat looks well pumped on the bolster as per
Old 05-05-11, 07:23 AM   #27
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Is it me or is the coolant in that 180 incorrect spec? Looks to be the old type not OAT. That would set alarm bells ringing for me, if the belts and pump have been changed then was it done right? If the mechanic can't pop in the right spec coolant what else is wrong?
Old 05-05-11, 07:26 AM   #28
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris106 View Post
Cool cheers for clearing that...
And defo sounds like a 180 for me then what was the indicator light you mentioned installing? Read it in another thread
Info here:
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=16673
Old 05-05-11, 08:09 AM   #29
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
anyone know if this was anyone's from the forum?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-54-MG-ZS-...ht_1467wt_1139
and is it a good price or abit on the expensive side

I think it looks good, but, decent Mk2s are changing hands for around the ?2500 mark especially where the belts need doing. If the wheels are for you then fair enough, but a set of standard 11 spokes will cost you a few quid if you want to return to standard. The mods that appear to have been done are good mods and most would like them, but, don't let a trader tell you that it adds value. It's actually a bargaining tool for you - even if it's not actually true - to tell the seller that you're after a standard car - and it'll cost you to return it to standard. You never know !

I can't see the size but the tyres do look very low profile, so they may be 18s. Often, myself included, when tyres need replacing a wheel and tyre package is attractive as you can sell the 11 spokes on and they will nearly pay for themselves. Trouble is they do come with very cheap tyres. If you go for a look, make sure you're happy with them in terms of ride from the 18s and the quality of the tyres.

Last edited by Dan1971; 05-05-11 at 08:16 AM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 09:01 AM   #30
F3NMG

F3NMG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sounds sweet can't wait 2 get 1. Yours a saloon or hatch ?
Mine's a 4 door in xpower grey. The biggest decision for me was colour. Glad I went for what I did, but i'm now sure I wouldn't have been disappointed with any colour. Go for alcantara if you can, looks the biz. Be patient too, sooner or later
you'll spot one just for you.
F3NMG is offline   Reply With Quote