theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-12-14, 08:22 AM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
And sorry Andy, I was just talking wind and pish when I said that I would remove the LED's to see if that cured the alarm problem.

Last edited by talkingcars; 31-12-14 at 09:41 AM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 05:03 PM   #12
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
i removed them this morning when i got home,funny thing is,all the interior bulbs are leds,and my front side lights,and had no problems,i cant even say how long this has been happening,maybe the earth getting slack,will try get a proper look when i have time.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 10:26 PM   #13
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
We are talking about the MGF interior rear view mirror aren't we?
The mirror that has two down lighters?
The two down lighters that are either on or on when the door is open?
As fitted in the MGF?
The MGF that has two down lighters and two foot well lights as the interior lighting?

Assuming we are.
And assuming that I am a MGF owner that knows his car quite well.
And assuming that I am a regular on several MGF forums ( www.mgfforum.com AKA www.the-t-bar.com where I am a moderator and the MGF register) and more general MG forums (xpower and .org).

And assuming that most MGF drivers don't drive with their interior mirror mounted down lighters on all the time they must have them switched to coming on when a door is open.

And assuming that in a recent thread on one of the above forums drivers of MGF's fitted with LED's in the down lighters in the interior mirrors did actually mean that there was no residual glow from the LED's when the switchs were switched to on when a door was open
actually meant that there was a residual glow from the LED's then I apologise, I am wrong.

I shall go and tell them that their cars are wired wrongly and that the mirror mounted down lighters and the footwell lights should not be controlled by a relay in the BCU (body control unit) mounted behind the internal fuse box but should be controlled by the Lucas 5AS or Pektron alarm and immobiliser ECU mounted on the transmission tunnel behind the central console.

But hay ho, what do I know.
Well by the sounds of it nothing but your own wind and pish. Not really caring about mgf's here now are we? More a part that is fitted to them as standard which some then remove to fit in other models, eg ZS's as an example maybe? In fact Andy's ZS in particular maybe?
Old 29-12-14, 10:54 PM   #14
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
And there was me thinking wind and pish.

Last edited by talkingcars; 31-12-14 at 09:37 AM.
Old 30-12-14, 04:15 AM   #15
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
And there was me thinking Andy had a TF (also in yellow) and he was talking about that and not his ZS.

Since when has this been a forum that only talks about ZS's?
Plenty of threads about other cars and other stuff.
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=73

This forum has always had threads about other cars and stuff, but as it is a model specific site common sense might point out that if it is something other than a ZS it would be stated somewhere?

Thought Andys other car was a ZR??
Old 30-12-14, 06:15 AM   #16
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
My zs also does this with led lights in the tf mirror
So I just put standard bulbs back in
Old 30-12-14, 09:55 AM   #17
talkingcars

wind and pish

Last edited by talkingcars; 31-12-14 at 09:38 AM.
Old 30-12-14, 09:58 AM   #18
talkingcars

wind and pish

Last edited by talkingcars; 31-12-14 at 09:38 AM.
Old 30-12-14, 03:54 PM   #19
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
anyway guys no point in argueing over this please,the tf mirror is in my zs,and my other car is a zr,just wanted to find out if indeed someone had come across a similar problem with a tf mirror fitted.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-14, 04:13 PM   #20
Roverlike

Roverlike will become famous soon enough
I fitted MGF mirror in my R200 mk3, and put LEDs inside it, as well I put LED in place of regular roof light. So it is controlled by Lucas 5AS. My roof light dim a little when everything is closed, but my mirror light do not dim at all. I personally wired them to the same wires that are controlled by 5AS.
Andy, I do not know what alarm box you have - Lucas or Pektron? There could be a difference.
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote