theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 25-08-14, 03:16 AM   #1
silver bullet

silver bullet is on a distinguished road
Silver ZS 180 in Aus

Been on the forum for a while now and thought id share a couple of photos of my ZS in Australia. I can take a few more next time I get it out.

It's a 2005 MG ZS 180 mk2 in silver delivered new here, I am the 3rd owner and I bought the car about 5 years ago. I think I have driven it twice this year haha. It has recently had a bit of a birthday and there are a couple of other minor things I need to do.

My other toy is a 2005 MG ZR racer which I race more often than I drive the ZS

FB_20140825_12_26_51_Saved_Picture.jpg FB_20140825_13_15_09_Saved_Picture.jpg FB_20140825_13_07_12_Saved_Picture.jpg

Last edited by silver bullet; 27-08-14 at 12:36 AM.
silver bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 04:16 AM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Looking good mate! Many 180's kicking around in Australia?

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 09:17 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Nice looking car pal - must be a rare sight over there - get out more !

Tell me that's your actual number plate too .... awesome !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 11:30 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I bet that turns some heads down there.
Old 25-08-14, 12:24 PM   #5
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Looking good that mate what sort of money they go for there I was told by someone I know who came over to uk a few years ago from Melbourne that any mg there fetch good money .
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 01:50 PM   #6
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
If you ever find a zt with a supercharger In a scrap yard then send it to me haha.

Welcome to the forums !
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-14, 12:33 AM   #7
silver bullet

silver bullet is on a distinguished road
How many are here...There seems to be varied beliefs in how many ZS were imported by MG Rover Australia, originally I was told 31/32 but have since been told there were 45. Either way it would be under 50 originally sold here. Obviously a few have been written off since then. All ZS that were sold here were 180's, no other variants were imported. most were one specification the only options we had was the rear wing, sunroof and leather.

Yes it is my real number plate

I get a few questions, unfortunately people think its like a WRX or they thing I have put a bodykit on it. It kind of sucks that the whole hot hatch scene has moved on so rapidly since so it gets outdone fairly quickly these days but its been a lot of fun having something different!

My aim is in the next couple of years I want to build a ZS 180 racer to replace by ZR 160 racer.

As for values, honestly mate they vary, I have seen them go for $6k AUD which is about 3500 GBP and a couple of really low km ones for 8-9k AUD which is 5000GBP. That is probably high compared to the UK but got to remember they were $40k AUD new (22k GBP)

ZT V8 or ZT V6? Not many ZT V8 here so that is rare, ZT V6 there are a few getting around.
silver bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-14, 08:14 AM   #8
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
How many are here...There seems to be varied beliefs in how many ZS were imported by MG Rover Australia, originally I was told 31/32 but have since been told there were 45. Either way it would be under 50 originally sold here. Obviously a few have been written off since then. All ZS that were sold here were 180's, no other variants were imported. most were one specification the only options we had was the rear wing, sunroof and leather.

Yes it is my real number plate

I get a few questions, unfortunately people think its like a WRX or they thing I have put a bodykit on it. It kind of sucks that the whole hot hatch scene has moved on so rapidly since so it gets outdone fairly quickly these days but its been a lot of fun having something different!

My aim is in the next couple of years I want to build a ZS 180 racer to replace by ZR 160 racer.

As for values, honestly mate they vary, I have seen them go for $6k AUD which is about 3500 GBP and a couple of really low km ones for 8-9k AUD which is 5000GBP. That is probably high compared to the UK but got to remember they were $40k AUD new (22k GBP)

ZT V8 or ZT V6? Not many ZT V8 here so that is rare, ZT V6 there are a few getting around.
Believe the only market they sold ZT Superchargers but seems most engines blew im guessing you should see some superchargers knocking about.

Have you seen any facelift models knocking around?
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-14, 09:09 AM   #9
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Very nice and the number plate is awesome!
Old 27-08-14, 09:46 AM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Great looking car, like the Mini and ZR.

Good luck with the racing.