theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-12-10, 02:28 PM   #31
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Would this be seen as driving with intent?

I'll get me coat.....................
Old 03-12-10, 02:29 PM   #32
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 03:21 PM   #33
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Surley that is undertent and not within tent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyniknak View Post
saw police pull a car this morning and he was pointing to the stupid amount of snow on roof and bonnet so they must be doing somthing
My guess (as I wasn't party to the conversation I can do no more) is that the main point of concern was the snow on the bonnet.

Today I drove 40 miles of motorway there and 30 miles of A road back, before I left I cleared the 6 or more inches from the bonnet, screen, front windows and lights. I had full foward, side and rear vision (using the required 2 mirrors).
I saw several police cars while I was driving and I have no dobut they saw me.
When I got home most of the remain snow is still there including the drift that goes over the spoiler.
I have decent vision, if I hadn't cleared the bonnet I wouldn't have and I'd of expected to get tugged.

James

BTW, the main reason I didn't clear the roof is because doing so would have put more snow on the pavement or road where people and cars are struggling already.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 03:45 PM   #34
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Rule 229 of the Highway Code states: "Remove all snow that might fall off into the path of other road users."
so yet more conflicting advise, this time fro the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11901778
and do the quiz.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 04:13 PM   #35
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
To be honest it does make sense to clear the snow off the roof of the car anyway. I was driving to the o2 last night and came to a set of traffic lights. The car in the next lane was pulling up next to me, and as he braked the snow and ice on his roof came tumbling down onto his windscreen, resulting in him not being able to see the car in front and pranging the car infront of him.

If that had been me he had bumped into i know i would have some choice words to call him due to the fact he couldnt be bothered to clear the snow off his roof!
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 09:36 PM   #36
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxer View Post
You wouldn't have to prove the danger if the intent was their. Having 5 inches of snow on the roof doing 15 miles an hour on an icy road wouldn't stop you from getting a ticket if they were giving them out because you could so easily at some point join a motorway and do 70, so the intent is there.
As Dan said you don't need intent for traffic offences like this. You can't give them a ticket for where they might drive, you have to go on what you have at the time and whether it is likely to cause danger there and then. It would be a bit like catching someone doing 50 in a 40 but then sending them to court for doing 50 in a 30 as they may not have slowed down for the 30 limit.