theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 14-08-21, 08:12 PM   #81
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Gutted for you Sam. Hate hearing such shitty news. Hope you get some luck from now on.
It is what it is... It's more annoying as we are still waiting for an exchange date on our house! Once that's complete I will have more time and space to fix the cars

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-21, 08:35 PM   #82
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I’ve lost track where you are Sam!
Old 14-08-21, 09:32 PM   #83
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Currently still in Bordon... But been trying to buy a house since December!

Old 14-08-21, 10:25 PM   #84
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
good luck Sam, not easy just now.

Something will turn up.
Old 15-08-21, 04:49 PM   #85
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Hope it works out Sam. Can’t beat stability.
Old 17-08-21, 01:14 PM   #86
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
good luck Sam, not easy just now.

Something will turn up.
I've found a house Peter

But, between them loosing the deeds and the solicitors taking an absolute age to do anything, its taken 8 months and counting so far to get to "pre-exchange" stage... Whatever that means, I just want in the house!

Oh house is probate, so noone living in it, and we are renting, so literally just me in the chain!

Old 18-08-21, 09:34 AM   #87
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
sounds like must bite the bullet and wait for it all to come together.

Wonder if you could ask them to reduce the price by the amount you have had to spend out on the rental. Can only say no, but the delay was not on your side.

Every little helps as they say!!

Good luck, don't forget the longer it takes the more the solicitors will charge, so in their interests to keep dragging it out!!
Old 18-08-21, 11:02 AM   #88
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Pre-exchange is just the solicitors etc having completed all their searches and checks on title to a point where both parties are prepared to take it forward.

Doing the hpi, mot and service history checks before you arrange for collection I guess in our speak.

What about renting it from them until you exchange, and deducting the rent paid from the purchase price?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-21, 12:14 PM   #89
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear about the car and the house hassle.

I don't think the house can be rented while it is probate - as the estate owns the property and until probate is granted no-one can "do anything" with it from a legal standpoint.

I had a 4 month wait for probate when I moved at the end of 2019/start of 2020 - but that also depends on whether the executors submit the request to the court as well.

Hope it all gets sorted soon enough!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 11:30 AM   #90
ZS
IT Administrator

Apologies for the delay in updating... But here we go

MGF has gone to a new home (Down your way actually Peter!) back in Sept last year.

House went through and we moved in Sept last year, but it took BT 6 months to get crappy Broadband to the house (was living on even worse 3G for work etc). Finally got Starlink installed and used that since.

Started work on the car, but it was slow as doing in on weekends and around work and family. Then a couple of months ago decided that it was about time (almost 10 years) we got married, so booked that in for August this year.

This means that I need to get a few projects sorted before then for the space, and since the T16 was basically two cars on my drive, I have given them to a local mechanic to put the new engine in and tidy it all up (then MOT it).

Will update further when I have news of the car

(Still got the Pontiac Firebird, need to do some work on that at some point too!)