theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 22-01-16, 11:27 AM   #271
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Hmm, as ever with this car, crossed wires, and external factors caused more delays.....

But apart from new disks for brembodge (have to source some myself as TTRW on RT isn't doing them anymore it seems) all parts are pretty much now ready to go - hopefully in the not too distant future I'll have a proper update on how it drives with VNT control!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-16, 05:42 PM   #272
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
good luck.
Old 22-01-16, 06:56 PM   #273
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Is the controller done now?
Also, have you got any pics of the manifold? I've just started talks with AMW about a custom mani for mine and fitting of a fresher lower mileage engine.
Then just the coilovers, bushes, brakes, wishbones, a bit of paint work... the list goes on.
Old 24-01-16, 01:12 PM   #274
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
No pics sorry - it is with Matt currrently as well so can't get any - but Ade did post some of the ones he did for charles on his work FB page (20th Feb).

Controller is 98% done.. couple of tiny little bits need doing still, but should be ready next week I believe.

I'm still in two minds whether to change my springs for something progressive - the set I've got on there let you know about the bumps more than standard, and I know I am going get spoilt when my new car arrives in a few months time... we'll see
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 27-01-16, 05:32 PM   #275
dakta

dakta is on a distinguished road
Controllers done tbh, I've bought some din connectors and wire so im making you a bit of a loom so matt can have an easier time soldering it all together. I'm happy with it, it'l not be long since Charles hits the year mark with his, so they're doing allright.

They do take quite a lot of work to build however, so that's a bit of a pain.

I've made a little page about it on my website http://www.DieselPowered.co.uk

(under products)
dakta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-16, 11:25 AM   #276
p_b82
Site Supporter

Matt will appreciate that - and whoop whoop
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 27-03-17, 02:19 PM   #277
p_b82
Site Supporter

Well it's been a very long time since I last updated this... and the controller still hasn't materialised and I'm right at the end of my patience, and so is Matt.

I've SORN'd the car, as the MOT ran out a while back and the tax is due at the end of the month.

If nothing positive happens in the next month or so, I'm going to seriously consider my options.

I've essentially got 3 choices...
1) wait longer for the bit of kit to appear that may or may not ever happen / buy an alternate but inferior controller from DarkIce.
2) find an alternate turbo to use that isn't VNT - but nothing "off the shelf" is around
3) strip the car and sell up trying to re-coup some of the costs to put towards another workhorse/daily.
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 27-03-17, 07:07 PM   #278
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
If you want to keep it after all the time and effort you've put in, just go option 1 then at least you're getting some use out of it....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 08:42 PM   #279
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Buy the Darkice one, but still try and source a better one if you can.

That way you can get some pleasure out of the car, while you are waiting and hopeing that a better one turns up.

Old 28-03-17, 08:45 PM   #280
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear this, I was in exactly the same position in 2011/12. Fitted a VNT on the basis that there would be a controller for me to buy from the same guy you've been dealing with. Never materialised so built an arduino controller myself as got tired of waiting (this is another option for you!!).
There is another guy running one of these elusive controllers but yet to see any dyno figures from it (unless they've been published and I've just missed them).
There's a post above from Jan 2016 saying the controller is virtually finished... I'd be peeved too! Hope he delivers the goods for you and you can press on.