theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-12-16, 04:47 PM   #1
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Damn thermostat housing again

I cant believe my thermostat housing is leaking again after only being fitted 9 months ago all genuine parts aswell this will be the third time in 5 years . Cant believe how crap these housings are . I,m not happy just before Christmas aswell rant over
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 06:29 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
There is a chap in South Africa who makes a metal replacement, he can be found on the ZT forums.
Old 12-12-16, 06:52 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hard luck, least you know how it all comes out and goes back in.

Old 13-12-16, 07:01 PM   #4
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Had mine converted to alloy at its 1st belt change. Best to invest in one of those by sound of it.Only problem is it takes a while to get here.

Last edited by tcb 180; 13-12-16 at 07:06 PM.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 06:46 AM   #5
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
unless you need a lower temp thermostat, I'd stick with the plastic housing over the alloy.
If you need a much lower temp, i'd look at alternatives before the alloy housing.
the KV6 has cooling design issues but they tend not to show themselves in the ZS so much.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-16, 08:05 AM   #6
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Cheers for the reply guys . A metal housing would prop sort the issue but I don't wanna wait to long to get it so prob go down the plastic route yet again lol . I shouldn't need to replace it again till at least august next year if I do it in January haha
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-16, 09:19 AM   #7
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
If you're keeping it. Order a metal one in from S Africa. It will pop again.

Think mine took about 6 weeks. I paid the dearer option in euros and it came via Netherlands. It's something to do with S.A. customs that slows it down.

Never had any cooling issues at all and was on there quite a few years in my ownership.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-17, 07:04 PM   #8
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
They're a real pain, I'll be honest. We have a great deal of luck from what I can tell in terms of feedback - perhaps one in 50 gives an issue within warranty.

The only issue that really occurs is with the seam around the centre - as such we found the best material we could to strengthen it (a steel epoxy resin which is specifically formulated to bond well with plastic) and applied a nice, thick band of it around the middle.
You can grab a pre-strengthened one here from us:
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/re-...5-v6-pem101050

It's not the prettiest solution in the world, but certainly seems to work.
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote