theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-09-12, 09:02 PM   #11
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
rear discs are pretty cheap new, if the second hand discs have been sat for over a year not moving they will be pretty rusted and pitted likely, and the plenum isnt guaranteed to be okay either, sounds a lot of effort for not a lot of parts, need to remove the shear bolts from the column to get the ignition barrel out, can get it started by sjust swapping the 5as over with your fob next to the rear switch and remove the switch from rhe back of the barrel, but you still need to take the shear bolts out to take off the steering lock
Old 20-09-12, 09:13 PM   #12
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
rear discs are pretty cheap new, if the second hand discs have been sat for over a year not moving they will be pretty rusted and pitted likely, and the plenum isnt guaranteed to be okay either, sounds a lot of effort for not a lot of parts, need to remove the shear bolts from the column to get the ignition barrel out, can get it started by sjust swapping the 5as over with your fob next to the rear switch and remove the switch from rhe back of the barrel, but you still need to take the shear bolts out to take off the steering lock
starting to get put of this now, but the guy said it had no rattles and was running perfect, it got parked up coz he got an evo 7, and its just been sat there ever since, again the rear disc aint got no rust on them, its got 4 standerd mint wheels, with good tyres, full exhaust looks mint, and my main reason to want to buy is the inlet manifold/vis/plenium, driver sunvisor, rear door handle, that little compartment near your right leg on drivers side and the componet that makes my internal fans/heater work on 1, 2, 3 and not just 4 he is adimant it wernt sounding knackerd, my vis's are ok on mine so there not an issue, it might even be worth reparing and putting on road, but how much would i look to buy a new barrel lock set and ecu, or can some company make me a new key and fob for the oe ignition im sure ill be able to brake the car and earn my money back that way even if the manifold turns out to be goosed, plus u get 140-160 for weighing them in, so at the most if i dont brake it and the manifold turns out to be goosed, ill only be 100 pound outta pocket, which aint that bad, gotta be worth a try i think, considering, the inlet manifolds are 500 brand new or 100-200 from a scrappers which inturn could be goosed
Old 20-09-12, 09:17 PM   #13
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
its up to you at the end of the day
Old 20-09-12, 09:18 PM   #14
pete mufc bowker

Quote:
its up to you at the end of the day
i know, but i need the advise of you guys, im not made of money and i dont wanna end up bumming myself
Old 20-09-12, 09:30 PM   #15
Ritchy
technically an expertish

personally wouldnt bother get a car running so i could take it home to break it, doesnt make sense, take its got no mot so cant drive it on the road anyway legally unless your going to a mot station, and you still need insurance for that

if i wanted it to break id just go round, remove column cover and knock the shear bolts out and remove the barrel, then get it pushed on a trailer, if your intent on taking it on the road id just tow it without the barrel off it, and just turn the igntion on off the switch, wont start but indicators will work ect
Old 20-09-12, 09:34 PM   #16
pete mufc bowker

Quote:
personally wouldnt bother get a car running so i could take it home to break it, doesnt make sense, take its got no mot so cant drive it on the road anyway legally unless your going to a mot station, and you still need insurance for that

if i wanted it to break id just go round, remove column cover and knock the shear bolts out and remove the barrel, then get it pushed on a trailer, if your intent on taking it on the road id just tow it without the barrel off it, and just turn the igntion on off the switch, wont start but indicators will work ect
my m8's got a toe truck, and me mrs's dad has got a arch in town, so moving and storing aint a prob, im 50/50 after speaking to u guys, but for 250 can u really go wrong
Old 20-09-12, 09:37 PM   #17
Ritchy
technically an expertish

if its mint then personally id buy it, get a second hand barrel set and matched 5as and fobs ect, good service and mot it for £25 and punt it at around 800,
Old 20-09-12, 09:41 PM   #18
pete mufc bowker

Quote:
if its mint then personally id buy it, get a second hand barrel set and matched 5as and fobs ect, good service and mot it for £25 and punt it at around 800,
how much would i pay for barrel and matched 5as (what is that???) and fobs ect, i dont wanna sell it if its mint, ill sell my green 1, like the silver colour more
Old 20-09-12, 09:44 PM   #19
Ritchy
technically an expertish

have a look on ebay, or a breakers, cheap enough, dont bother with them if your just breaking it though, makes zero sense, just push it
Old 20-09-12, 09:47 PM   #20
pete mufc bowker

Quote:
have a look on ebay, or a breakers, cheap enough, dont bother with them if your just breaking it though, makes zero sense, just push it
i wanna keep it if its good, is there no way of getting a replacment key fob and key from rover/mg??