theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-09-12, 10:00 AM   #1
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
how much is it worth

Ok as some may know I bought an mg zs 180 mk2. It has a leaky water pump, so I'm looking at 2 options, selling as is a lose 300 quid, or pay 500 for Russel at mgr solutions to do belts and pump, so what I'm trying to ask if will it sell for 1700+ with 12 months mot, its a black saloon with extreme spoiler in vgc all round 3 owners with 95k sat nav alcantara interior, good spec.

Let me know.

ps this isn't a for sale thread its merely to ask for a valuation.
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 10:09 AM   #2
nath86

And no I'm not going by eBay prices. It's hard to judge as theres not much of them around.

Last edited by nath86; 29-09-12 at 10:26 AM.
Old 29-09-12, 10:53 AM   #3
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
In my opinion £1700 in tidy condition and with the belts and pump done shouldnt be to hard but I wouldnt expect to much more.

There where lots being sold of stupid cheap, they seem to have dried upo a little but a 10 year old 2.5 v6 petrol in this day and age is allways going to be a small market.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 10:56 AM   #4
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Ask yourself this ........ what would you be prepared to pay for a car that needs a minimum of £500 spent on it before you could use it ?

Sorry if that seems harsh but I think its the reality
Old 29-09-12, 11:09 AM   #5
nath86

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Ask yourself this ........ what would you be prepared to pay for a car that needs a minimum of £500 spent on it before you could use it ?

Sorry if that seems harsh but I think its the reality
So its not worth doing, a 54 reg???? I will break it if it don't sell on eBay its not a problem, tbh I bought it wanting it but that feeling has gone! Bloody cars
Old 29-09-12, 11:24 AM   #6
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
i was going to bid on this motor as it did look like a nice mk2. bloomin ebay cant trust anybody
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 11:28 AM   #7
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
How much do you think you'll get by breaking it, along with the work involved with that route. If the car is in good condition and you know it then getting the belts and pump done should give you a reliable car for not a lot more outlay. Any car of this age is going to need work done unless in the hands of a flush enthusiast and any new car you buy may have unseen problems too.
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 04:07 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
£1500 with belts done would represent a good buy.

The mileage ain't too high. Alcantara is nice. Sheddist good.

All in all - worthwhile. I take it you bought it thinking - belts done - bargain. What do YOU think it's worth ? You bought it .....

No-one will buy it needing work unless they see it as a bargain IMHO or be a trader/mechanic looking to do the work themselves then ship it on.

£800 needing belts - Bargain.

Breaking - not many Mk2s getting broke.

Wheels £250 - Alcantara £150 - Headlights £80 - Spoiler £80 - Wings - £80 - Bonnet, grills and front bumper £100 easy - It all adds up and then just weigh it in - £1200-£1500 easy depending on how long you want to hold onto it for.

Last edited by Dan1971; 29-09-12 at 04:10 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 04:25 PM   #9
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
breaking is not the route to go unless you got it cheep enough, as Dan's prices above are what you'd expect, as to what you actually get offered and the time scale on selling them takes its toll you'll find you'll lose out more than taking a hit on selling it for repairs

or on the other hand doing the repairs and have a solid sound car.
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-12, 05:03 PM   #10
nath86

I'm not worried about having it sat on the drive for 2 months but anymore would b pushing it, I bought it assuming it needed belts, but I was going to save up for that over time and then get it done, risky I know but that's my choice, so buying it then realising it had a water prob set me back, and the guy knew but just wasn't honest, after all he had owned it for 3 yrs. I have the tools to break it and the know how. It drives so nice tho apart from the pump, anyway I have 2 people looking at buying today or tomorrow so fingers crossed, it should sell at least iv been honest about the car, rather that than stinging some poor ****** plus who knows who turns up to buy it, could b some psycho. So honesty is best policy

Last edited by nath86; 29-09-12 at 05:09 PM.