theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 17-01-12, 06:15 AM   #1
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking Sprintex SuperchargerKit For MgZs180

Evening All,
Owing to a few changes and a possible house move i am selling a few of my spares . I picked up this charger kit from Ross (Su[ercharged_Z)before Christmas with plans to swap some of the upgrade parts onto my own car but things change!

copied these details from Ross's Post:

Reply with quote Report this post
Hello All,

With my latest purchase my plan to build a forged KV6 have come to a hault, I had thought about keeping them but theres no reason having money parked in things that wont be used.

For sale is my Sprintex Supercharger .

I have had the supercharger since 2005, as you know i had a few issues in the early days which we slowly overcame. This charger has the uprated bearings in the snout, it also has a custom oil feed and drain. The lid was machined down so not to rub on the bonnet, but it could do with a little more tbh. The screw unit is a opcron unit rather than the later spintex own versions. this cost £4500

without forged pistons this car had between 250 and 260 bhp , driveability was fantastic, it sounded mental and was huge fun, it ran me up the quarter mile in 13.5 in a striped zs with std flywheel and wheels.

Ok kit comes with just about everything you need, i will throw in the manual i have and can supply a copy of the software for the PerfectPower SMT6D but i think this has been locked with a password. I believe Ross ran the car with a full exhaust inc manifolds and a filter so unit has been setup to cope with this.

Will post some pictures when i find out how to :-)

looking for £1200

PM me if your interested.

Last edited by sneekyparrot; 17-01-12 at 06:18 AM.
sneekyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-12, 09:08 AM   #2
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Ross's car didnt run manifolds well not performance ones anyway.

The charger needs back pressure and the addition of upgraded manifolds causes a loss of back pressure.

The piggy back ecu is locked and cannot be opened. I contacted Sprintex for there unblocking software but they said they no longer had the software as they use a different ecu now. Mind you this was 4 years ago, and the charger has been around since 2005.

So the ecu was programmed by me with the following mods :

Induction system

decat and exhaust system from decat.

upgraded spark plugs.

coil pack direct on plug.

We mapped on std unleaded but would advise super unleaded or some higher ron additive.

Good luck with the sale.

George
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-12, 11:50 AM   #3
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovermgparts View Post
Ross's car didnt run manifolds well not performance ones anyway.

The charger needs back pressure and the addition of upgraded manifolds causes a loss of back pressure.

The piggy back ecu is locked and cannot be opened. I contacted Sprintex for there unblocking software but they said they no longer had the software as they use a different ecu now. Mind you this was 4 years ago, and the charger has been around since 2005.

So the ecu was programmed by me with the following mods :

Induction system

decat and exhaust system from decat.

upgraded spark plugs.

coil pack direct on plug.

We mapped on std unleaded but would advise super unleaded or some higher ron additive.

Good luck with the sale.

George

Cheers for that input George, I will amend the details.
I thought Ross had changed the manifolds when he had some issues with the pre cat melted.
Will send you a pm if u don't mind re some other tuning issues I believe u already tested.
Cheers
Paul
Old 17-01-12, 12:54 PM   #4
MG6Turbo
Banned

Yeah no worries Paul.

The precat issues i had with my ztt when it was charged. I cant remember Ross having issues, but it was a very long time ago, and i was the one that repaired Ross`s zs when it had issues.

George
Old 17-01-12, 02:18 PM   #5
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
No George you rebuilt my car and repaired my oil cooler.

I remember repairing my car when it had issues. My car had to have the pre cat knocked through but this was before the new map went on. Once the charger was moved the car ran a std pre cat but with an uprated injector.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-12, 02:33 PM   #6
MG6Turbo
Banned

Whatever Ross.

I know what i did and didnt do to all the zs`s youve owned that incidentally were bought from me.

The precat on WA was knocked through just before you brought it to the rolling road day from Frankenstein motorsport. And we know what happend on the way from there.

Regy ran a std downpipe including precats.

grey zs ran regys drivetrain and exhaust as i swapped it.

Si`s car had a custom made manifold and i cant remember whether or not it was swapped back to std.

Anyway, the fact is the map in question was mapped for std d/pipe as we couldnt get back into the ecu after the hardrive went in my laptop which contained the Sprintex HQ software to allow me into the ecu map.

So anyone contemplating buying the charger kit who have janspeed or hayward and scott manifolds must take into account that the map will be incorrect.

George
Old 17-01-12, 02:38 PM   #7
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
oh so you can remember then

nice 1
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-12, 05:38 PM   #8
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovermgparts View Post
Whatever Ross.

I know what i did and didnt do to all the zs`s youve owned that incidentally were bought from me.

The precat on WA was knocked through just before you brought it to the rolling road day from Frankenstein motorsport. And we know what happend on the way from there.

Regy ran a std downpipe including precats.

grey zs ran regys drivetrain and exhaust as i swapped it.

Si`s car had a custom made manifold and i cant remember whether or not it was swapped back to std.

Anyway, the fact is the map in question was mapped for std d/pipe as we couldnt get back into the ecu after the hardrive went in my laptop which contained the Sprintex HQ software to allow me into the ecu map.

So anyone contemplating buying the charger kit who have janspeed or hayward and scott manifolds must take into account that the map will be incorrect.

George

sorry off topic....
is that "Si " as in sie 214 as was on xpower that was supercharged by dave for his track car?.....if so it was the standard manifold but modified just by taking out the restrictive "Y" joint to make it straight through. Strange thing was it showed no gain!.
Didn't dave purchase my old hayward and scott manifolds for the car ?..... i think when it kept failing after the rebuild with the forge pistons he just lost interest, where did the car end up after that ?
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-12, 05:48 PM   #9
MG6Turbo
Banned

Sies car ended up being stripped and converted into a track car.

The engine( forged bottom end ) and charger were bought off Ross by the guy who started this thread.

G
Old 17-01-12, 06:07 PM   #10
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
what did the modifications comprise of to make a forged bottom end?
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote