theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 25-01-19, 09:46 PM   #1
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Mk2 BRG 1.8 hatch.

Advertised for a friend.....who is selling it for his in-laws

Quote:
One facelift BRG MG ZS 120 5-door for sale.

It isn't mine - belongs to the in-laws, and they are now selling having just bought an i3 as a city runaround. I've known this car since it was purchased new in 2004 from Palmsville in Muswell Hill. From memory, it only has about 53k miles.

It has one (not so careful) female owner. It had a close encounter with a London bus a few years ago, resulting in the Cat D status. They bought it back, the bumpers were held on my self tapping screws and tie raps, and wears various scrapes and scars with pride. It now wears ZR180 straight-spoke wheels.

Most recently, the MIL managed to budge something, breaking the radiator (it split along the side tank and matrix) - but I have replaced this with a good eBay replacement and all is well again.

Cosmetically, it is a disaster zone as described above. But it drives really very well - still tight, it has a good turn of speed, belying its 1990s origins and therefore lightweight.

Other bad bits? It's got a Pektron BCU, so you can guess this - with various circuits seemingly inoperative owing to the usual relay failure. This is all fixable of course.

Good bits? It has five seats, a steering wheel, and erm... Seriously, it really does drive well. It would make for an awesome track car project, as you could strip the interior out, change the windows for plastic, and this much loved, but abused MG would absolutely fly.

webuyanycar.com reckons it is worth about £500 - but would take an offer from someone who'll take it on as a project

I'll see whether I can get some pictures in the light over the weekend Hope I can find a home for it (I've already been told I can't have it! )
Old 25-01-19, 09:48 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
http://www.mgfregister.org/forum/vie...hp?f=9&t=24819

Technical Registrar @ Technical@mgfregister.org
http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/