theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-02-14, 08:06 PM   #151
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
With the potholes turning into craters, its a wonder not all the springs are busted.

ZS's do have a good record at getting through.

Hope we dont start to see corrosion problems on the chassis, first thing I did, when they were doing a new s/s exhaust, was to put some underseal on.
Old 15-02-14, 08:14 PM   #152
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Aye the astra seems to be one of those that likes springs pete. Claire wants an Audi A1 now but that's just not going to happen lol, told here we wouldn't be skint if her car wouldn't continually fail its MOT

Potholes certainly don't help lol.
Planning to get wire brush and drill out this year and strip back any surface rust on the grey ZS and slap on the underseal, the last two ZS's always got commented on how clean they were underneath so hoping to continue that trend, plan on firing waxoil into all nooks crannies etc too.

Last edited by Maxfly; 15-02-14 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Got not hot
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-14, 08:22 PM   #153
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Forward ends of the chassis legs in the engine bay, be wary of any bubbled paintwork around the seams in this area, they may turn into holes.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-14, 08:25 PM   #154
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Forward ends of the chassis legs in the engine bay, be wary of any bubbled paintwork around the seams in this area, they may turn into holes.
Cheers pete, the o/s leg gets a fine oily coating from catch tank so hoping it will be good. Will pay close attention though. Thanks!
Old 15-02-14, 08:43 PM   #155
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

also heard that the top of the fuel tank can suffer!!!
Old 15-02-14, 08:55 PM   #156
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I unloaded about half a litre of wax onto the top of the tank, hopefully it will make it last a bit longer.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-14, 08:51 AM   #157
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

or cave in. :-)

Only joking!!

Old 16-02-14, 09:35 AM   #158
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

The top of the original tank from my ZS is rusty but all surface rust and generally isn't too bad. I was told that they mainly go round the seam, I can't remember whit told me this but it was a garage done about Motherwell....narrows it down lol. A rover 400 tank could be a good bet, they are very well protected all over.
Old 16-02-14, 09:41 AM   #159
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Mine passed wednesday with the strictest tester in the west of scotland
Old 16-02-14, 11:12 PM   #160
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Excellent Ritchy, has done well your ZS although pretty sure the owner is big part. Will be a good buy when you do eventually sell her to take on jap reliability full time