Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Too harsh?

If i was to replace all the bushes with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1514755971...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 08:54 PM   #2
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
I've polybushed my clio sport and not really noticed a difference. Front and back, so would imagine the same here. The colour of the bush relates to how hard it is, yellow is soft black is pretty plastic like. I have black ones on the engine mounts and don't notice them.

Last edited by Cally180; 02-12-14 at 08:58 PM.
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 09:45 PM   #3
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
These are good, I have used them on mine but with standard trailing arm bushes, completely transformed the car, I done a write up in the suspension section.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 10:51 PM   #4
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
as above, bushes will have a shore rating.

certain bushes will need to maintain their movement else the suspension will bind which can lead to catastrophic failure (and i've seen this happen), yet the muppets who make these bushes don't understand the complete suspension design and setup, which leaves the decision on what to fit down to the end user (who also rarely understands the suspension!)

so my advice is to think carefully about the forces applied through the suspension components, analyse what needs to be stiffer, and, what must maintain its movement and at the same time be stiffer, then go on the holy grail search for the bush manufacturer that understood this also and designed a bush that is actually useable!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 11:06 PM   #5
Jason04r

I'm not after any handling advantages or anything to be honest other than a refresh/safety, and it "seemed" a quick option without ordering 40 parts from rimmerbros and their prices.

Would you know anyone selling original or oem quality bushes as a kit?

Last edited by Jason04r; 02-12-14 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-12-14, 08:32 AM   #6
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
I think you will struggle to get a full kit of OEM parts now, I looked when I done the rear suspension bushes - some of it was on backorder, some were NLA and OEM worked out more expensive anyway. This was all from Rimmers. This is why I went for polybushing. The red grade bushes are a similar compound to OEM anyway.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 12:10 PM   #7
Jason04r

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
I think you will struggle to get a full kit of OEM parts now, I looked when I done the rear suspension bushes - some of it was on backorder, some were NLA and OEM worked out more expensive anyway. This was all from Rimmers. This is why I went for polybushing. The red grade bushes are a similar compound to OEM anyway.
If my engine mounts are anything to go by they are rock solid. The roads around my area and all covered but bumps and potholes.