theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-07-07, 10:41 AM   #21
Lil'Gemz

I currently work for Abbey, well Resolution in Glasgow, its pants and handing my notice in on Monday Woohoo!!! Managers that cant manage and woman who cant stop being grumpy or bitchy lol So Once i'm outta there I become my own boss... I'm setting up my own business in Childminding. Had a lot of work done on the house and Craig has alot of work to do in back garden and my dad too. Gotta have it all finished for two weeks time.
Old 13-07-07, 11:09 AM   #22
Robstar

Robstar is on a distinguished road
Work for a company called Vanguard or Premier First. IT Support.

Nothing great guys, looking for a new Job at the moment. Was a good work place to get some experience after leaving the army.
Robstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-07, 11:32 AM   #23
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Gemz View Post
I currently work for Abbey, well Resolution in Glasgow, its pants and handing my notice in on Monday Woohoo!!! Managers that cant manage and woman who cant stop being grumpy or bitchy lol So Once i'm outta there I become my own boss... I'm setting up my own business in Childminding. Had a lot of work done on the house and Craig has alot of work to do in back garden and my dad too. Gotta have it all finished for two weeks time.

hi hun.
ive been ddoing childcare for 4 years now and i enjoy it, its so rewarding and the attitude of the kids is different everyday. i started off as a teaching assistant and now im working for my nvql3 in nursery nursing, but in the school holidays i child mind for parents from the school.

good luck with your business
Old 13-07-07, 12:11 PM   #24
TurboZed

TurboZed is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a part time Carer (my wife who is disabled), part time game developer, part time mechanic (when I can be bothered!)
Jim
Old 13-07-07, 01:14 PM   #25
Stevedx

Bus/Coach Driver
Old 13-07-07, 01:20 PM   #26
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
I run an XPart AutoService Centre in Kent. However, I used to be in IT - I worked in support for a programming language as the troubleshooter.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-07, 01:42 PM   #27
Lil'Gemz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahTT View Post
hi hun.
ive been ddoing childcare for 4 years now and i enjoy it, its so rewarding and the attitude of the kids is different everyday. i started off as a teaching assistant and now im working for my nvql3 in nursery nursing, but in the school holidays i child mind for parents from the school.

good luck with your business
Yea I know, I cant wait to get started and being my own boss aswell.....gonna be brave and try to do my own accounts too...dont wanna pay an accountant if I can do it myself. My mate is an accountant so gonna see if he cant help me with the ins and outs....lol

Good luck with you NVQ
Old 13-07-07, 04:28 PM   #28
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I was until recently a mechanical technician on board this beast, I'm about to go work on a Shell platform at the end of the month...

being built in El Ferrol, Spain

being launched

Offloading to a shuttle tanker

the view from the accommodation roof

and the rig next to the FPSO

Well here's the breakdown for all of you who are still confused.

I work on the Captian FPSO, block 13/22a of the North Sea. It's about 150 miles from land. FPSO mean Floating Production, Storage & Offloading facility.

Basically the rig next to the FPSO drills for the oil and then processes it to get most of the gas out. It then comes over by pipe to the FPSO's turret (the big round green thing in the pics) This is anchored to the seabed and never moves. The boat can turn around this so that it's always facing into the weather to make life and production a bit easier as it's more stable.

It get's produced through all the gubbins in the middle (it's complicated so won't go into that) and then goes into tanks in the hull, much like an oil tanker. When the tanks get full an oil tanker comes up behind us and the oil gets pumped over to it and it all starts again.

The accommodation is the big white bit at the front with the heli-pad ontop

Some people think it's weird that I can get from my bed to my desk in about 30 seconds lol

So anyway there it is... any questions just ask

oh and here are some pics of the Rig being put together... these are some big-*** cranes! For a rough idea of size the big yellow "CAPTAIN WPP" sign is roughly the size of two double-decker busses parked end-to-end

You might well remember this rig, because in 1996 the very top of it hit the Erskine Bridge outside Glasgow, oops!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-07, 06:04 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That's impressive! Proper engineering, I can relate to that!

So, what shifts do you do then?
Old 14-07-07, 12:34 AM   #30
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I was on 2 off 3 but no idea about the new place yet... more than likely 2 and 2

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote