theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-05-13, 08:57 AM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Shame to hear, glad no one was hurt.

Bumper and headlight, plus labour to prep and paint, think I would get a couple of quotes from a body shop and see if the insurance would give you the money to sort out.

Or let them write it off and buy back.

The cat C or D wont matter much as unfortunately, the selling prices are low anyway.

Hope you can sort it easily.
Old 10-05-13, 09:08 AM   #12
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Will see what I can do to help you with that XPG MK2 breaking up here.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 09:18 AM   #13
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
Not good news but, as already said, good that no-one was hurt. Hopefully you can get something sorted out and keep it on the road.
Old 10-05-13, 09:41 AM   #14
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I am going to have spook at the car this afternoon I will let you know what nick the bumper is in.what else is needed headlight,wing?
Old 10-05-13, 09:45 AM   #15
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
I am going to have spook at the car this afternoon I will let you know what nick the bumper is in.what else is needed headlight,wing?
I think the wing is alright tbh.
Not had time to fully assess the car yet as I'm at work now.
Headlight will be, not sure what the stuff under the bumper is like.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 10:17 AM   #16
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
I think the wing is alright tbh.
Not had time to fully assess the car yet as I'm at work now.
Headlight will be, not sure what the stuff under the bumper is like.
Okay doke.like I say going for a nosy later.
Old 10-05-13, 10:34 AM   #17
shycho

shycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the rough
My ZR needed the bumper and front wing fixing and re-spraying when a bus decided that we now give way to the left at roundabouts, but that wasn't written off, and I assume a ZS would be worth more so hopefully they just repair it.
Bet the hire company is fuming a 2 month old car has just been greatly devalued. But at least everyone was ok.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 11:09 AM   #18
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
NO!

Absolutely gutted for you mate......

Hope it all works out.....
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 12:19 PM   #19
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
A quick check of the cost of new parts, assuming it's just Bumper, headlight, and wheel arch flare comes out at £686, all are in stock at xpart.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 12:20 PM   #20
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
A quick check of the cost of new parts, assuming it's just Bumper, headlight, and wheel arch flare comes out at £686, all are in stock at xpart.
I shall let them know that
Be nice if it was new parts I got.
And if I had to buy it back with a payoff also then I could put that towards a re-spray
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote