theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 22-06-19, 02:08 PM   #281
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Not much progress. Another daughter rescue took a lot of my time and sanity. Weather has got in the way too. Need another kick up the arse I think! Plus I tried changing the rear springs on the A4, broken spring what a pita! Need special tools for that job.
Old 22-06-19, 04:59 PM   #282
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Not much progress. Another daughter rescue took a lot of my time and sanity. Weather has got in the way too. Need another kick up the arse I think! Plus I tried changing the rear springs on the A4, broken spring what a pita! Need special tools for that job.
Kids eh ... who'd have 'em ...

Eldest about to finish his A levels so he's been like a bear with a sore head for the last few weeks. Hope things have settled down now.

Happy to provide the boot ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-19, 09:34 PM   #283
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Haha cheers Dan. Doesn’t take much to lose the momentum. Difficult finding the time to put in when you have a family, three dogs and grandkids. Guess I’m just fortunate to still have the zed and a space to keep it.
Old 24-06-19, 10:22 PM   #284
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
….Plus I tried changing the rear springs on the A4, broken spring what a pita! Need special tools for that job.
One of the rear springs has just gone on the 159, I'm not sure if I should just to replace that one or fit some Ti springs that are slightly lower and stiffer. Rears are easy, fronts are a mare.
Old 23-08-19, 10:13 PM   #285
stamford
Site Owner

Progress will be slow now. Gina has decided to bring her wedding forward to June 2020. So that’s me poor for a while. My ZS plans to get it roadworthy have taken a big hit. S6 also sitting there, can’t find a buyer as it is. Cars eh!

I’ll do what I can on the ZS with what I’ve got, replaced one rear arm bush, had to buy the tool, glad I did, right pig to get out. Refurb that before I refit it and then do the other side.
Old 24-08-19, 01:13 PM   #286
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
END UP AS A RETIREMENT JOB.

money goes out quicker than it comes in, unfortunately.
Old 24-08-19, 03:19 PM   #287
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Yeah but weddings are great fun ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 07:48 AM   #288
stamford
Site Owner

Little update. Weather hampering progress, sound deadening removal carried out when raining! Bit of a faux pas with one of the steel side sills, bought a 2” hole punch/swaging tool. Thread stripped and reverted to using a flypress, that messed up the steel and distorted it which lead to that being scrapped. Ordered a replacement from Spedeworth Fabrications (known for national hot rods) but that turned up with the wrong angle on it, 15 degrees out. Apparently a design change due to clearance issues on the latest 2.0 hot rods. Anyway a trip up there yesterday afternoon I managed to swap it for an old stock one. So that part of the build will be back on once I get a decent weather window, that could be 2020! Spedeworths have some kit up there, machine shop, CNC, and a chassis build, quality stuff.
Old 14-10-19, 11:16 AM   #289
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Pity that you hit that hiccup - by the sound of it one of those annoying things.

Weather's not been great so not surprised it's a pause for now!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-20, 06:46 PM   #290
stamford
Site Owner

Furlough has meant some days spent working on the zed.
  • Rear suspension rebuilt with new bushes and paint, refitted.
  • Replacement rear ARB hangers fitted.
  • Rear brakes rebuilt.
  • Front brakes refitted.
  • All four wheels back on and on the ground.
  • Interior cleaned, stripped of sound deadening and painted.

Today I started stripping the top of the engine in readiness for the cambelt service and possibly fit the Piper Cams. Found a water leak so good job!